P94S 10 Round Magazine

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Evan Estern, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Evan Estern

Evan Estern Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Connecticut
    Has anyone tried the factory 10 round mags for the P94? How do they function? I'm on the fence as to whether to just get another 5 round or get the 10.

2. Spaher

Spaher Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I have both without any issues. The 10 round magazine just sticks out further below the frame, if that might be an issue depending on field v. range use. Pricey either way. Have both as 10+ years from now they may be scarce.

3. Evan Estern

Evan Estern Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Connecticut
    My thinking exactly. I'd like to keep my P94 for the long haul (had it since around 1996). 1 hole groups @50yds.

4. Spaher

Spaher Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    As long as you keep the magazine empty when not in use (maintain spring tension) & more critical not damage the lip of the magazine/follower, it will outlast all of us. I look at it as an investment in something that one enjoys and it returns reliability. Good choice!

Evan Estern likes this.
  5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I also have both and both function perfectly. The 10-round is nice for informal shooting like plinking, and the flush 5-round carries better in the field.

6. dodgyrog

dodgyrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    England
    State/Region:
    UK Durham City
    The 10 round mags work well - I have 2. The advantaqge is the ease of removal as the 5 round mags are really fiddly to remove