P75 Range Report

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by sakorick, Feb 15, 2020.

1. sakorick

sakorick Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    I have been yote, rabbit and squirrel hunting and checked my zero this afternoon. I am shooting the 35 grain Hornady V-Max with 13 grains of Lil Gun, CCI 400 primers, 3006'/sec and seat at a COAL of 1.720. I love my 75 in every respect......wished they would have made more of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stonecreek, SSR MK1 and susanna like this.

2. sakorick

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    Here's what I shot today at 50 yards. The 35 grain V-Max is locked in. When my resizer die gets fixed I'll start on a 45 gr load. For now the 35 load is all I need. Also shown is a picture of the magazine next in battery round. Note how the magazine was designed so the round is tilted up at the exact center of the chamber. This is the smoothest feeding magazine I have ever used.....you can reload without looking, the magazine easily snaps into place and the release button drops the magazine straight into your hand. I wish I had another P75 magazine, however, they have long been non existent.[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Nice shooting Rick.
    P75 is when Sako started using the single stage trigger on these guns I believe.
    Would you mind posting a pic of the bolt side of the action showing the safety button ?

Typo edited.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. sakorick

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    Here ya go....[​IMG]

5. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Thanks Rick, that’s interesting. Looks like that’s the two stage trigger going by the safety shape, same as my P72 .22wmr.
    The M78’s that I’ve seen have the single stage, the safety ‘button’ shape is the give away. It’s also a different engaging mechanism on the trigger itself.

6. sakorick

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri

7. sakorick

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Missouri
    I will take it apart today and see what's going on. Several P75 owners complained of the long free travel before the sear engaged and the 4 lb trigger. I don't mind them at all. I would guess I could reduce the 4 lb a bit just by polishing the trigger and sear. My rifle was imported by Stoeger so was this one made after 1977?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020