• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

P54 Magazine find

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Was really chuffed today as a brand new magazine arrived for my P54.
My recently acquired P54 came with an original 5-up magazine and an aftermarket 10 rounder. The original mag has come apart at the top where the side plates are joined to the curved verticals. I'm sure this is an easy fix with silver solder as someone has previously tried to re-peen the riveted tabs, and doubt this method has any future here. Additionally, the original mag spring has been "modified" by some over enthusiastic ignorance, and rendered near useless.
I understand that replacement magazines are virtually impossible to find, but luckily for me, there is a local mag manufacturer who happened to have some parts left over from an old production run, and kindly offered to specially make up a part. I think it was a steal shy of USD $28 including shipping for mag and extra spring? Pics show the original 5-up mag and damaged spring and the new replacement.
I have asked him to let me know if he has more inventory available, and if so, I will post his details here so interested parties can contact him directly.
I have also shared some pics of the rifle which I'd consider to be in very good condition for its age (circa 1970) - but it definitely needs some TLC - particularly the awful fitting butt pad! Apologies for the soft rifle images. I took them while not wearing my specs and assumed they'd be fine. Rifle is till at dealer awaiting license approval.
Thanks,
Manny

Attachments

• mag 1.pdf
    148.1 KB · Views: 18
  • mag2.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
  • p54 1.pdf
    210.9 KB · Views: 4
  • p54 4.pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 5
  • p54 3.pdf