P-75Hornet Trigger Question(Pics)

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Guest, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Banned

G'Day All.......
    After the arrival of my complementary parts from Sako the one remaining task to finish this fine little Sako is the mysterious threaded hole in the base of the actual trigger .
    I've attatched a photo and I'm very sorry that it's such a large download but this fella is new to computers and making the photo smaller, as I've read here on this forum, is something thats beyond my tech skills at this point in time.
    What I'd like to find out is if this threaded hole was supposed to contain an adjustment screw such as the others one can see on the trigger assembly?.
    I'm also led to beleive that my Model P-75 Hornet is the same/simmilar to the Models: 72 or 78 .....I think ? .....so again, assuming, the trigger groups MAY be the same?
    Anyway...have a gander and let me know what you think.....
    The threaded hole is ON the upper part of the trigger that has the 45 degree angle .....it's in the shaded part of the image and is a little hard to see. My computer is telling me the attatched photos have to be smaller that 1 MB so I will take some more photos in an effort to post a clearer image of the threaded hole ........and re-post tomorow.
    CHEERS.
    P.S: Any tips on sensible size photo attatchment/How To will be appreciated !

2. Guest

Guest Banned

Just a guess: It appears that the threaded hole would take a headless screw that, when screwed in so that the upper end (tip) protudes a bit above the trigger piece will bear against the receiver to control the degree of sear engagement. In other words, you could reduce your sear engagement (which may be neither necessary nor desirable) by screwing a screw in that hole inward. If you have excessive engagement which is making your trigger pull unnecessarily heavy, it might benefit you to get the right size screw to adjust the engagement to the proper amount and thus allow a lighter pull. Of course, I could be crazier than a peach orchard boar.

3. Guest

Guest Banned

Thanks Stonecreekranch...........
    For your answer.......Is it what you say? ......aghhhh! .....would seem so from viewing the photo BUT having bought a headless screw of the correct thread ,and what I assume to be a correct length, (bloody vulture at the shop charged me AU$15.00 when only an Anschutz spare screw would fit the thread size !) it appears to simply bind up the actual trigger when progressivly screwed-in and to the point where the trigger will not move .(seems theres no sear change ?)
    I'm going to retake the photo to a sensible size and post it in the 'General' Q's and A's here and see if I get a bight.
    The Eastern Seaboard down here has just taken a near cyclonic battering for the last two days a few folk have unfortunatly lost their lives being washed into creeks/rivers etc......going to spend the morning on the chainsaw as I've lost a few trees but no severe damage thank goodness..........A lot of people have the opinion that our weather down here is all "Club-Tropicana" but I assure you we have a WINTER and the heater is on Flat-Chat thismorning. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Cheers &[​IMG]'s

4. Guest

Guest Banned

NEW trigger PICTURE . Should be a little more visually descriptive.