Other interesting Sakos on GB

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by icebear, Mar 3, 2019.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Apart from the excitement over the 7x57 Mannlicher, there are a couple of other interesting items on offer at Gunbroker. There is an L57 deluxe in .308 that looks pretty good except for a badly crushed recoil pad. Opening bid is $1250 and no one has bitten as yet.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/799178645

There's also a Sako AV Handy Carbine in 6.5x55. The Handy was an 18" carbine with a conventional stock. As I recall it was made for a while in the 1990s. It was not a success in the marketplace and not many were made. The seller is calling it an "uncatalogued caliber" but I'm pretty sure 6.5x55 was a listed option. Opening bid is $1099, condition has some flaws, no punters yet. I wouldn't pay that for a Handy in this condition, but it's an interesting item to look at.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797516207

2. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    @icebear

6,5x55SE was listed in many regions but not so much in U.S catalogs. Can’t remember exactly but I don’t think 6,5x55SE and 9,3x62 was ever listed there but I need to check my library, www.sakoparaphernalia.com , but that will take time so don’t expect any answers in a near future.

Jim

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    I use to have a 6.5x55SE in a Deluxe.

4. Bowne1

Bowne1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Massachusetts
    I have a 6.5x55 Deluxe (NIB) never fired.

5. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I have an AV sporter in 9.3x62 and a friend has an AV Mannlicher-style carbine in the same caliber. He sold me the sporter after he got the carbine. I believe he also has an AV in 6.5x55. These calibers are not common but they are far from one of a kind.

6. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Right. That caliber was printed on the generic box label, so it is plain that it was a regular production item -- although not that many were imported to the U.S. until rather recently.

I just got an email from a friend in Denmark whose hunting companion has just bought a Model 75-IV 6.5x55 Deluxe Sporter in great condition equipped with factory rings and a moderator. He paid the equivalent of $900 USD. That's a bargain anywhere.

dgeesaman likes this.
  7. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    There's not many on my list of rifles that I regret selling but I sure wished now that I would of keep that Deluxe 6.5x55!