Orphan scope!

Discussion in 'SCC Trade Corner' started by paulsonconstruction, Oct 4, 2019.

1. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I recently acquired a 5X (yes, it's a 5X fixed) Burris scope with target turrets & an AO. Have not seen another, so my desire to own the unusual took over. It's compact, which lends itself to either a small action CF or rimfire rifle. I can envision a nice older Sako rimfire, like a 72 or 78, hanging beneath this scope, so thought I'd check with the club to see if anybody has one they can part with. Will buy outright or consider trade, if I have something that interests you. Please help this poor lonely scope find a companion. PM me soon, as scope lives matter!

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    That sounds like an unusual one! Relatively low fixed power, but with target adjustments and adjustable objective.

At one time Redfield was making proprietary-branded scopes for Browning. I'm straining to recall, but it seems as if Browning may have migrated to Burris, along with the former Redfield employees who founded the company. Browing had some "off-magnification" scopes in its line, like a 5x instead of a 4x, touting them as some how advantageous over the "standard" magnification. I'm wondering if the Browning 5x scopes were made by Burris and if Burris also marketed a few of the same (or similar) scopes under its own name?

Would it be convenient to post a photo?