Older Catalogue

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, Mar 15, 2020.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    It certainly is nice to have friends that do favors. This past gun show a friend of mine pulled out colored copies of a 1969 FI catalogue. I love to find this stuff to go along with my Sako rifles...

599AF4B8-BA42-4B56-B34D-CC32394967EA.jpeg 63945085-705D-490E-BF60-A2319EDA50FB.jpeg

2. FLT

FLT Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Nice , back then Sakos were great hunting rifles. I’ll have to look in my old gun books and see if I have any catalogs from that time frame. The early 60s were when I discovered sako rifles and bought my first one.

3. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
  4. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Kirk, here's a flyer showing the PPC's. And I stuck dated post-it notes on a few catalogs to show what year they are for. A lot of the catalogs aren't dated.

Sako PPC flyer 1of2.jpg Sako PPC flyer 2of2.jpg Sako PPC flyer 2of2.jpg Various Catalogs 1of2.JPG

FLT and northernlights like this.
  5. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    What scope mounts are on those two ppc's on the cover of that first add? The rings look Sako but the mounts????

6. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I don't recognize the mounts.

7. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Those appear to be Millett Croslock mounts. They are the regular Millett ring which fits the Weaver-type base, but they have extended claws to grasp the Sako dovetails. A small adapter base fits under them to create a place for the Weaver-type crossbar to sit. For a time (probably contemporaneous with the catalog) Sako contracted with Millett to build these and package them in blue packages with the Sako logo on them to sell under the Sako name. Millett also sold them in their familiar orange packages under their own name. I've used a number of them and find them to be a good mounting system. I don't think Millett is still offering them, however.