North American Arms Grizzly

Discussion in 'Other firearms built on Sako actions' started by waterwolf, Mar 21, 2021.

1. waterwolf

waterwolf Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    I see this ad in Canada (WTS : North America Arms Grizzly (canadiangunnutz.com)).
    It is not my ad, but I once owned a NAACO "Sako" in .22 and it had a Sako marked barrel on it, as well as being a Sako action.

"Time to let go of my piece of Canadian firearms history. North America Arms was a small manufacturer from Toronto. They were one of a few manufacturers that used the Sako action to make their guns. This is a Grizzly in .308. It utilizes the L57 action from Sako. From what I know of the rifle, everything is original. It is in very good condition with handling marks as shown. You will notice that the barrel has a reddish bronzey finish. Front hooded sight and rear peep. I have taken 1 deer with this rifle. Round count is unknown since I am not the original owner. I have put 21 rounds through the rifle. I was able to put together 2” groups of 3 at 100 metres. $1100 with shipping included. Insurance is on the buyer. No trades please. Thanks for looking."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    icebear likes this.

2. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    That is one good looking rifle! I've never seen one before but I'll be on the lookout for one if it turns up this side of the border.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    A very scarce proprietary Sako, and it even comes with a Sako peep sight. For about $880 USD it's not a bad price for a dedicated Sako guy.

I don't think anyone has a handle on just how many of these Canadian Sakos were built, but it can't be a large number.

4. waterwolf

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
  5. waterwolf

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    I note it has been sold. The ad was only up for a day or two.

Maybe someone on this forum got it.

6. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Curiously, the NAACO ad shows both models with Monte Carlo stocks, but the pictured rifle has a straight stock which doesn't appear to be altered. There must be rare variations among this rare group of rifles -- makes them all the more interesting, and virtually unobtainable to U.S. Sako enthusiasts.

7. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Looking at that old magazine ad or catalog page, the gun that was just sold was the deluxe grade, and appears to have been in near-mint condition. I'd say whoever bought it got a real bargain.

8. waterwolf

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    stonecreek likes this.