No Chips in Vintage Sakos

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by stonecreek, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Bucktote

Bucktote Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hello fellow Sako shooters!
    What a subject!, I have been looking at several Pristine looking rifles on the G.I. site. I am enamored with several items. They however are priced much higher than I think their true value justifies. Angry god's listings are not even in consideration. P.T. Barnum's quote "A sucker is born every minute" is in full play when it comes to buying & selling.
    Consider this "Supply & Demand". There are fewer and fewer vintage Sako rifles in the world that are truly SAFE QUEENS or truly Limited Use rifles. That alone will command higher prices. However by learning the details and atributes of these rifles, knowledge available by the combined knowledge of the members of this site, a novice can be schooled to recognize true value. Just as Mr. P. has said many times The PRICE is what the buyer is willing to pay! A judgement call is best made with knowledge of the desired item. Vintage Sako rifles because of their inherant accuracy, quality of materials & master gunmakers craftsmanship, command good price, but there is a limit to true value that is only superceeded by WANT. Good luck!!
    BuckTote IMG_5659.jpg IMG_58342 sakos #3.jpg IMG_5659.jpg IMG_58342 sakos #3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    The high prices of Sako rifles on GB and GI do not go unnoticed by other prospective buyers. When found, Sako rifles on RIA go at extra high prices. I believe buyers see pricing at other sources and use those sources as bookmarks. Prices on RIA are always high to me and that does not even include their "buyers premium". In the past I have placed some higher than normal bids only to be left in the dust.