NEWS! These threads have been moved to Sakos in General!

Discussion in 'Forum FAQ' started by L61R, Feb 14, 2009.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hi Guys!I want to tell you a little about the site and how to post.The News category will be the place to find out about all the things happening with our forum.The General category is the place for asking about the forum in General. You can also use it to give feed back and such.The FAQ is where youxB4ll find answers to your questions like "How do I....."?On the right hand side of the Forum page youxB4ll find a sidebar called "Recent Posts". There are the latest 10 posts. I can expand this to show more posts if we want to!YouxB4ll also find "Hot Topics" which are the threads with most "action".When posting/starting a thread, the best thing is to use the different categories in the forum. When you canxB4t find an appropriate category, please use the new "Sakos in General". YouxB4ll need to scroll down a bit to find it. Here you can post all the threads you donxB4t know where to post!This will make it easier for all of us to use the forum.Another thing I ask is: When you advertise in the Wanted, For Sale or Trade categories, please make sure you only place you add in the right section. Otherwise wexB4ll be spammed with these ads in the wrong categories.I know the old MSN site was easy to use since it only had a few categories. Here we have plenty but please try to use them. ItxB4s for the benefit of all of us. It will make it easy to navigate the site once wexB4ve managed to get used to it!I hope you all like the new site as much as I do and I will make my best to make it even better! So please take some time and discover all features!! And donxB4t hesitate with giving feedback!!I wish you all a nice weekend!!Thanks!Jim

2. algonquin

algonquin Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Quebec
    Thanks Jim,
    It may not yet be perfectly clear as to what is appropriate for posting to NEWS. _Is it safe to say this area is intended for announcements pertaining to SCC Forum changes and features while world-wide Sako-related news and information gleaned from all other outside sources will be cited, referenced or linked via our GENERAL category?
    FM

3. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    algonquin!
    My thought was to use the NEWS, GENERAL and FAQ categories as means of information and maybe education when it comes to using this new site. And a place to ask questions about the forum itself-
    Therefore itxB4s better to use the Sakos in General under Miscellaneous for all threads that doenxB4t fit the other categories. For example! It might be you have question concerning both short and long actions. If you post it in both the short action category and the long action category, there _will be loads of double postings in the end.
    I hope this answered your question?_
    Thanks!
    Jim

4. algonquin

algonquin Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Quebec
    Hey Jim!
    Thanks heaps for your time and efforts.
    What do you think about possibly using the GENERAL forum category as a general heading for all manner of firearms news and issues? _Because it is at the forum beginning it might be more intuitive for us members to contribute those general news items important to share but maybe not specifically addressing a Sako issue.
    Please accept my apologies for inviting myself to question Forum topic organisation,
    F McDermott _

5. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    F!
    Thanks for your kind words! And do feel free to question all you like![​IMG]_ I have NO problems with that_!
    This is our forum, not mine, and the only way of taking it further is to discuss!
    So apologies are NOT necessary at all!
    One of all good things about SCC has been the gentlemenlike atmosphere and that we never talked in negative ways of other firearms manufacturers. I hope we can keep that atmosphere and just post the non-Sako issues.
    To be honest, I do not know if such a category is necessary but what the h..k? I will fix such a category but I will place it elsewhere. I think we need this General category for purposes like this! A place where all members can ask questions, place feed-back and post ideas of how to improve the Forum.
    Jim

6. kelmoflip

kelmoflip Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Thank you for this information
    I am having a problem starting a new topic

All I get when I choose start new topic is a blank page Can you help me?

Thank you

7. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Kelmoflip- At the top of this page ---- at the top right, below the search box, is a green Que "start a topic" click on that. Then, when when you are done posting, scroll the page down and check the appropriate box where you need the topic to appear. Hope this helps.-Mike

8. kelmoflip

kelmoflip Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Thank you Mike,
    I found that once I chose the green box I needed to scroll down the blank screen until I got to the input area

In other words: another aha moment in my un tech savvy life

Kelly