Lever Action Newbie

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Ray Wilson, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Ray Wilson

Ray Wilson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Hello, I am from Wheeling, WV, and I had a chance to purchase a VL63 in 308. The reason the person was selling it was because of the trigger spring fell out and he had previous problems with it. How hard is it to install a new spring in this rifle. The gun is in excellent shape and was a good shooter so I couldn't pass it up. All help is appreciated. Thank you, Ray

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Ray I assume you mean the hammer spring? if the hammer spring #513 fell out chances are that the hammer spring guide #514 also fell out. See the attached file. Hopefully you have them, they are not too hard to put back in, PM me.

Attached Files:

3. Ray Wilson

Ray Wilson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Thanks for the info and now I realize that the hammer spring guide is missing. Is there any info on where I can get one. Thanks

4. Ray Wilson

Ray Wilson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Thanks for the info and now I realize that the hammer spring guide is missing. Any info. on how to get a hold of one.

5. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Ray click on my id marlin92 and start a conversation sending me an email address, as I can help you with any parts you may need.