1. AlpacaLipsNow

AlpacaLipsNow Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Have six Sako rifles, but only just now found this site. My favorite among the six is the Battue 375 H&H. You'd be surprised how many Griz and Wildebeests daily molest the streets on my California beach community. But this isn't a hunting rifle; in that caliber with a 19 1/2" barrel, it's a look into the abyss and feel your mortality rifle. Anyway, I am looking to buy another Battue in .308 that I can actually use, so if anyone would like to sell theirs, please do let me know. FYI, I am a two-tour Vietnam Marine Corps veteran (0353). Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself.

Unclekax and susanna like this.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    That 375 H&H is a pipsqueak next to the M50, but at least the M50 was "recoiless". Did you drive, load, or pull the trigger? I think they scrapped them all out in 73 or 74, didn't they? Welcome aboard!

3. AlpacaLipsNow

AlpacaLipsNow Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Thanks for your reply. Load and drove first tour, trigger the second (Tet '68). I left Vietnam last time and discharge after six years in June, 1968. I heard the Corps retired the ONTOS in 1969, but not sure.

4. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I looked it up. Officially "decommissioned" in 73. One nasty "rifle" for sure!! I didn't see any in country in 73, but we started pulling everything by then.

5. AlpacaLipsNow

AlpacaLipsNow Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Yup, the "THE THING" it was. Thanks for your service. Thanks for coming back.

6. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I haven't seen a Battue model Sako in a long time, but I'll keep my eyes open for one for you. You might try a "want to by" ad in our trade corner section. Could be one of our members has one in the closet.