• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New to the forum

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

AKforager

Hi all.

Alaskan and Sako lover, sadly only have 3, but that's really all I need... for now:

85 Finnlight .308
85 Finnlight .300 win mag
85 Kodiak .375 H&H

Looking forward to learning more.

I see you were asking about another Finnlight stock. Have you even tried your 300WM stock on your 375 to see if it was even close to doable? Maybe a total failure and then at least you could go another direction.

I see you were asking about another Finnlight stock. Have you even tried your 300WM stock on your 375 to see if it was even close to doable? Maybe a total failure and then at least you could go another direction.

Good thought. Been meaning to do that, both of them are at the gunsmith right now getting some tweaking done, I’ll try switching stocks when I go pick them up. Man, wouldn’t it be great if it just fit without any adjustment? Then I could just switch back and forth with both rifles...

Of course, that would eliminate the rationale for just getting a McMillan for the 375. :) A part of me is hoping the extra stock is too pricey and then justifying the McMillan purchase by saying well if I’m gonna spend the money anyway...

Good thought. Been meaning to do that, both of them are at the gunsmith right now getting some tweaking done, I’ll try switching stocks when I go pick them up. Man, wouldn’t it be great if it just fit without any adjustment? Then I could just switch back and forth with both rifles...

Of course, that would eliminate the rationale for just getting a McMillan for the 375. :) A part of me is hoping the extra stock is too pricey and then justifying the McMillan purchase by saying well if I’m gonna spend the money anyway...
Length wise you’re most likely okay, but the barrel contour of the the Kodiak is heavy, so the Finnlight channel would most likely need work. I’m not sure if there’s enough meat to work with. Secondly, the Finnlight barreled action would most likely have a large gap on both sides.

Length wise you’re most likely okay, but the barrel contour of the the Kodiak is heavy, so the Finnlight channel would most likely need work. I’m not sure if there’s enough meat to work with. Secondly, the Finnlight barreled action would most likely have a large gap on both sides.

Yep, wasn’t really thinking it would work to swap, that’s just a fantasy, why I was looking for a finnlight stock that could be widened to fit the Kodiak barrel. And any other adjustments. Ultimately it may wind up being the same cost as a McMillan at which point I would probably just go that route.

Yep, wasn’t really thinking it would work to swap, that’s just a fantasy, why I was looking for a finnlight stock that could be widened to fit the Kodiak barrel. And any other adjustments. Ultimately it may wind up being the same cost as a McMillan at which point I would probably just go that route.
The Kodiak rifle in a McMillan stock would be awesome. And your most likely right regarding cost. I did a McMillian on a Sako A7 action and couldn’t be happier. The factory A7 stock was a POS.

The Kodiak rifle in a McMillan stock would be awesome. And your most likely right regarding cost. I did a McMillian on a Sako A7 action and couldn’t be happier. The factory A7 stock was a POS.

Like I said, I'm kinda sorta looking for an excuse to go that route, doing my due diligence. :) Had a McMillan on a Model 70 in .35 Whelen, not the lightest stock in the world but light enough, and the architecture of it soaked up a lot of recoil, should be really nice with the .375. By the time I get the stock and have my gunsmith do all the work the whole thing will probably run $800, and I just spent close to that amount on a Swarovski Z3 for that rifle, McMillan will have to wait for next year, unless a Finnlight stock becomes available at a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back