• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Sako P94s Owner. First shots. OMG!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

old22guy

Hi Guys. New to the site. First time posting. Recently purchased a P94s on an online auction site. I own some nice 22 LRs including an anschutz (weatherby mark xxii bolt), CZ452, Remington 541T and recently built a lightweight 10-22. I've struggled to get great accuracy out of all these guns so I've been anxious as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs about the new gun. Never owned a Sako but my research made me hopeful that the new gun would be a shooter. Always dreamed about getting one of those guns that the guys on the internet all seem to have that shoot quarter inch groups all day with cheap ammo and regardless of how strong the wind blows.

The gun arrived today and I immediately mounted a luepold M8 8X AO scope on it. The bore looked clean so I didn't even bother to run a bore snake through it. No time - need to shoot it. My shooting bench is on my front porch so I immediately loaded up the 2 mags that came with it with some SK Standard Plus that I had handy and went out just to confirm that the gun would go bang when I pulled the trigger. First 4 shots went bang and got me on target at 50 yards. Success. I then proceeded to shoot a quick 5 shot group at a target spot and was absolutely stunned to watch them all go into 1 hole (.32 inch). If I had neighbors they would have heard me hoot with joy and relief. Afraid that shooting again would likely bring me back to reality - I was hesitant to shoot another group. Finally got up the nerve, loaded up 5 more rounds and shot group number 2. I'm sitting here now I looking at a target with a .22 inch group next to the .32 inch group. And yes, the wind was blowing! Can't believe I've fired a total of 14 shots out of the gun and already shot a sub quarter inch group.

So anyway, I'm quite happy with the new gun. Afraid to shoot any more right now because I know I can't expect these results every time I go out but for now I'm just going to soak it in. Got a lot of questions for the experts out there that I'll eventually get to. Needless to say - I am a new Sako fan!

Wow!! You have a shooter! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys. New to the site. First time posting. Recently purchased a P94s on an online auction site. I own some nice 22 LRs including an anschutz (weatherby mark xxii bolt), CZ452, Remington 541T and recently built a lightweight 10-22. I've struggled to get great accuracy out of all these guns so I've been anxious as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs about the new gun. Never owned a Sako but my research made me hopeful that the new gun would be a shooter. Always dreamed about getting one of those guns that the guys on the internet all seem to have that shoot quarter inch groups all day with cheap ammo and regardless of how strong the wind blows.

The gun arrived today and I immediately mounted a luepold M8 8X AO scope on it. The bore looked clean so I didn't even bother to run a bore snake through it. No time - need to shoot it. My shooting bench is on my front porch so I immediately loaded up the 2 mags that came with it with some SK Standard Plus that I had handy and went out just to confirm that the gun would go bang when I pulled the trigger. First 4 shots went bang and got me on target at 50 yards. Success. I then proceeded to shoot a quick 5 shot group at a target spot and was absolutely stunned to watch them all go into 1 hole (.32 inch). If I had neighbors they would have heard me hoot with joy and relief. Afraid that shooting again would likely bring me back to reality - I was hesitant to shoot another group. Finally got up the nerve, loaded up 5 more rounds and shot group number 2. I'm sitting here now I looking at a target with a .22 inch group next to the .32 inch group. And yes, the wind was blowing! Can't believe I've fired a total of 14 shots out of the gun and already shot a sub quarter inch group.

So anyway, I'm quite happy with the new gun. Afraid to shoot any more right now because I know I can't expect these results every time I go out but for now I'm just going to soak it in. Got a lot of questions for the experts out there that I'll eventually get to. Needless to say - I am a new Sako fan!
See!
Told ya!

Congratulations on the purchase!
They are very accurate.
The best thing about my 94 Range is that anyone in my family can pick it up and shoot incredibly well with it, we certainly enjoy plinking targets in the back yard and with just about any ammo.

Thanks for your responses. I was able to do some more serious ammo testing today and continue to be very impressed with the gun. Wasn't able to beat the .22 inch group from yesterday but I did come close a few times with some SK Pistol Match Special. Average of 6 5-shot groups at 50 yards was .39 inch with the SK PMS. SK standard Plus continued to stay well under half inch. Hoping to see more sub quarter inch groups once I get more comfortable with the gun.

I'll post some pictures in the near future. Also have some questions about the gun so I may start a separate thread for those. Please check back for those and thanks again.

Agreed with everyone`s accuracy; I found a like new P94s with a Leupold 3 1/2 x 10 for my Boss two years ago. It makes one hole with 3 rounds at 50 yards.Then got a NIB one for myself and added an Atibal X 1 x 10 with a 30 mm tube like 3 gun shooters use. At 50 yards it makes a ragged hole with 10 rounds; by shooting 5 reload the magazine and shoot 5 more. Wayne

Thought I'd provide a quick followup on the P94s. I've settled on SK Standard Plus as the ammo of choice for the gun. Have tried SK Rifle Match, SK Pistol Match Special and Center X. None beat the Standard Plus. Interestingly, I've not been able to beat the .22 inch 5 shot group at 50 yards that I shot on day one but I'm neither surprised nor complaining. Shot 7 5-shot groups at 50 yards today with an average group size of .35 inches. All 35 shots would have gone in a .48 inch hole. I'm very happy with these results, especially with mid-price ammo. Suprisingly, it seems that the gun likes to be cleaned frequently to get best accuracy. When groups start to grow, about 3 passes through the bore with a bore snake restores the accuracy very nicely. Takes only 2 or 3 foulers to get back to shooting one holers. Great gun!!

Perhaps now is the time to try your P94S at 100, 150 & 200 yards. You may be pleasantly impressed with your rifle as it can be consistent at these ranges, assuming no wind.
Here is chart I worked up at the range on MOA dial adjustments with yards on L. Ammo used will determine MOA tweaks but a good place to start. This one was for Winchester XX .22LR. With initial turret setting
50yd at .5” & dial at 0. 585CC0BF-CBBF-44F0-A5FA-11CBA11497DF.jpeg

06331B18-AA73-4B98-89A6-8E4839E33CCA.png BTW we use a large black background for target & found you can see the bullet trajectory at 100-200 yds & then can make adjustment(s) for drift.
For sighting in we sometimes use lengths of flagging tape at different increments to see if any differing breeze to time your shots & not make unnecessary adjustment(s) & minimize frustration. Can be quite fun…

Last edited:
Back