New Sako AV

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by Billy Mercer, May 2, 2021.

1. Billy Mercer

Billy Mercer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I just got this rifle in a trade. I know nothing about AV’s. Any info y’all can give would be helpful.

Billy

Attached Files:

2. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    So there are a couple of possibilities.

1. It’s a Deluxe AV rifle that has been re-stocked. The bottom metal is a Deluxe version.

2. Or, it’s possible it is a Sako Fiberclass rifle which has had a bottom metal changed over. Does the recoil pad happen to have the word SAKO on it?

If so, it’s more likely to be a Fiberclass rifle with Deluxe bottom metal. If SAKO is not on the recoil pad, then it’s possible it’s a restocked Deluxe.

These are speculative observations only, other possibilities may also play in. Honestly it’s difficult to say 100%.

It also appears the trigger/safety may have been changed over as well.

3. Billy Mercer

Billy Mercer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thank you for the input. It is a McMillan aftermarket stock according to the previous owner. I sure wish it was the original wood stock but it is what it is. The trigger I have no idea 6C5C93B1-B5F4-43B7-A97A-232C2CC5835E.jpeg

4. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Looking at the high polish of the bbl/action, I agree with Big C. It was a deluxe that someone put into a fiberglass/class stock, likely to take it hunting, or perhaps they broke the OEM deluxe timber? Anyway, it is now a shiney shooter! Enjoy. What caliber? edit- that is a Canjar single set trigger. Nice! cock the empty rifle, push the edge of the trigger forward and it should set. It should work as a normal trigger too.

Take an angled picture of the trigger where it enters the trigger guard, so we can assess if the prior owner filed a larger opening or took the trigger apart to thread through the smaller opening.

bigcountry4me likes this.
  5. Billy Mercer

Billy Mercer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It’s 300 WM

gowyo likes this.