• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Purchase L46 7x33 Sako SN 24xx

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Mattimoose- I found out that a "metso" is, it's a wood grouse in Finnish. I will have to tell you what a "matterdadie" is sometime soon-
t.gif
-Misako

Well crap. I should have picked up on that. Actually, it is "Metsot". I picked this wall hanging up in Finnish Lapland (Lappi).
S-A

Attachments

• DSCN3758.JPG
    DSCN3758.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 51
Those are capers and it is too bad they didn't use that as an engraving pattern for the "Vixens" or did they? we'll know it if we see it.-Misako

How does this relate to the 7x33? It was typical game in Finland for this cartridge. Thought I'd get back on track with Bob's thread.:bigsmile3: Never seen them engraved. Probably like putting a chicken on a US rifle to a Finn.
S-A

Yes- I see the homely "chick" in the background they are fighting over, Perfect.-Mike
I see we are on page 3- I apologize for stumbling into a thread .I thought we were on Vixens.-Mike

The information I've come across is that the 7x33 was a "multipurpose" cartridge. If you got tired of chasing the Capers you could use your 7x33 to collect fur seals on the ice. Which was the more popular usage I can't say. Here in central Texas, I suspect that my opportunities at either species are significantly limited. But a Rio Grande Turkey gobbler strutting around in the April breeding season would seem to make a pretty reasonable substitute for a caper.

What do you mean Finland is not a Skandinavian country? OMG my world is ending. Kala is fish, No? Kaali is cabbage. Tohtelemaatomuudestansa, Mattin Suomiaa on paha. Anyhow, General Sillasvuo mopped-up 24,600 russian for about 900 or so Finns.

it said:
I want to shoot geese with mine, whenever I get
Matti,
Get yourself a got-dam long Tom 10 Ga, and knock those suckers out of the air at altitude. Are you the hunter, or assassin?:angel2:
S-A

Matti Moose,

I have a Sako report from 1951 which says that 5810 pcs of "tupakansytyttimixE4" were manufactured
in the ammo factory (in addition to 3.073.000 bullets and 3.896.000 brasses).
You being the language expert;
t.gif
Do you know what it is?

SS

Hei, mina olen paljon houlikkoa! I sold my 10 ga. semi, Ithaca Mag10, my 10 ga. lever Winchester model 1901 and my Feg, Ersatz Bock-dopple Buchsflinte(12/76x12/76,12/70-.444Marlin) to buy my Ruger Red Label Stainless Stalker which I promptly chambered in12 ga. 3-1/2" -12 ga. This is my all-weather interceptor. Skyblasting with the 10 guages was too expensive. They know I'm there and realize flying is scuicide. This is why I need the Luodikko.

Hey Bob, is that really Finn for cigarette lighters? In Finnglish it's sikaretti laiter.

Sala-ampuja,

Not quite so. After the war Sako was cleverly manipulated under the 98% ownership of the Finnish Red Cross, thus avoiding the same fate as happened to Tikkakoski. Cigarette lighters, textile maschinery and several other products kept Sako alive when it had to adjust to life after the war which
had been very lucrative. During the war final drawings for a hunting rifle and a .22LR were made but
the maschinery to make them was manufactured just after the war.

SS

PS: Finnish Cable Works became owner of Sako in 1962 and Nokia came in the picture when
Finnish Cable Works, Nokia Rubber and Nokia Paper merged in 1966 and formed Oy Nokia Ab.

SS,
I stand corrected. When you mentioned 1962 the light bulb went off. I knew about the Red Cross, of course, but thought Nokia was involved earlier. Thanks for that clarification. I will delete my misinformation not to mislead others. I think a lot of the major textile business was in Tampere, whhich was not too far from Riihimaki.
Thank you, my friend:wink2:
S-A

Latest posts

Back