RK62 New member

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Sako2506, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Sako2506

Sako2506 Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Tipperary
    Hi all I'm a new member thank you for having me. I just bought a sako 75 hunter in 25 06 can't wait to get it up and running

2. dustinga

dustinga Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    My first sako was a 75 hunter 25-06. Bought it new in 1999. I've accumulated several great Sako hunting rifles since then, but always find myself reaching for that rifle come deer season. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have. I'm not a re-loader but have found that mine responds best to 117gr federal premiums. Good luck and welcome to the forum

3. Sako2506

Sako2506 Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Tipperary
    Thank you dustinga .
    I had the rifle out and zeroed in its very accurate with 117grain federal 1/2moa could not believe it. Didn't like 120grain 1"1/4 group.

4. dustinga

dustinga Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    I experienced the exact same thing. The 120s just didn't perform as well. I let my gunsmith play around with some handloads and he was one holing three shots at 100yds with a 115gr Barnes hollow point. I took a couple nice whitetail bucks with that load, but never got a pass through. Got nervous when I had trouble finding a really nice 8pt that just didn't bleed.

5. dustinga

dustinga Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    I misspoke. They were berger 115gr hollow points

6. Sako2506

Sako2506 Member

Country Flag:
    Ireland
    State/Region:
    IR Tipperary
    I'd like to reload but it's illegal here in Ireland. Very happy with federal

7. Chris H Crawford

Chris H Crawford Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arkansas
    Welcome aboard. New here myself.