• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako New member with an Flaig's L579.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I recently acquired a Sako L579 in a .308. It has Flaig's stamped on it with a serial number of 320102. From the research I've done online it looks like Mr. Flaig and his brothers had a custom gun shop and hunting lodge in Pennsylvania after around 1940. It's a beautiful rifle but is missing the magazine follower and spring. Any ideas on where I can find one at these days?

Reactions: ERP
Sako parts sometimes turn up on eBay or Gunbroker, and it would be great if you can find an original. If not, anyone who calls himself a gunsmith should be able to fashion a spring and follower which will function reliably.

The Customs Shop has exactly what you need.

Custom Shop, Inc. - "The Gunfather" - Firearm Sales & Restorations (*************.com)

rick

Reactions: ERP
Hello Eric, What a beautiful figured walnut stock - quite stunning. I have a L46 stock which is full of lovely figure. Hope you find the 2 parts which you are looking for.
Blackjack

I recently acquired a Sako L579 in a .308. It has Flaig's stamped on it with a serial number of 320102. From the research I've done online it looks like Mr. Flaig and his brothers had a custom gun shop and hunting lodge in Pennsylvania after around 1940. It's a beautiful rifle but is missing the magazine follower and spring. Any ideas on where I can find one at these days?

I've seen them on Ebay and Gunbroker in the past. Keep watching...

Stunning indeed!
Timber like that is hard to find. So many hues and squiggles.
I’m not a huge fan of smooth furniture, and to me, a nice checkering job would really set that one off!
The more I look at it … the more I realize that there’s really nothing wrong with smooth furniture. Sweet rifle!

I have several really wonderful Flaig's rifles in my collection.

218 Bee Flaig's Ace Custom L-46
244 Rem Flaig's Custom L579 Heavy Barrel
6 MM-284 Flaig's Custom BSA Heavy Barrel
243 Win Flaig's Custom L579 Mauser
25-06 Rem Flaig's Custom Mauser Mauser

All of them are really fantastic. Back in the day I rarely passed up an opportunity to pass up one of these fine rifles. Notice the variety of receivers that were used. The 25-06 rifles I have were built on commercial Mauser actions.

rick

I have several really wonderful Flaig's rifles in my collection.

218 Bee Flaig's Ace Custom L-46
244 Rem Flaig's Custom L579 Heavy Barrel
6 MM-284 Flaig's Custom BSA Heavy Barrel
243 Win Flaig's Custom L579 Mauser

All of them are really fantastic. Back in the day I rarely passed up an opportunity to pass up one of these fine rifles. Notice the variety of receivers that were used. The 25-06 rifles I have were built on commercial Mauser actions.

rick
Is there a group of Flaig's collectors out there online? I would love to hear more about them as this is my first experience with Flaig's.

Nice rifle!

Looks like you need to run the metal threw the buffer a couple of times though.

I agree Rocky.

It seems that the entire barrelled action was left in the white.....and that the rear of the receiver is tilted up.
Also, it appears that the wood below the safety lever has been unnecessarily removed........why??

Back