New Member, Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by DAKurttila, Jan 9, 2021.

1. DAKurttila

DAKurttila Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Hi everyone, I'm happy to be a new member! I have circa 10 older Sakos or rifles with Sako actions and love them. Side note: I have a .243 Finnwolf with a broken stock, kind of heartbroken as its a recent acquisition - but in any event I'm hopeful the SCC membership can help me in the future find a new stock. More important, glad to be here and hope to contribute for years to come!

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Welcome aboard SORRY to hear about your Finnwolf stock. was it broken during shipping ? Finding an original stock may be hard to do. Is your gun a 3 or 4 shot version, I.E. does it have a flat bottom mag or a casket bottom mag? We love to see pictures.

3. DAKurttila

DAKurttila Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Hi Marlin92, thanks for replying, nice to meet you. To be honest I don't know what happened. Upon taking receipt at FFL a few days ago, I didn't (obviously) notice it at the FFL. I put it back in box, drove it home (10 minute drive), took out of box and laid it on a table. A few days later I picked it up and worked the action a few times with a snap cap in, and I never heard it crack or anything but I found it broken. never fired, never left my house, and certainly wasn't dropped or mishandled. I just don't know. I'm thinking it was either on the brink when i bought it, or possibly cheaply fixed prior, or who knows. 4 round mag.

Ugh. But, I'll get her back to good shape somehow someday.

Attached Files:

4. Steve Ford

Steve Ford Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Hi , sorry to hear about your stock , there's one for sale on usedguns au , not Cheap $ 575 au .

5. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Ouch I feel for you, typical break at the wrist of the stock. Looks like the gun is otherwise in great shape.
    Good luck in your quest.

6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I call that the UPS crack! Don't know how those forklift drivers know exactly where to run over those long boxes. Is it only on one side? If so ,very fixable & the checkering will hide most of it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  7. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    As Paulson says, it might just be repairable. I had a similar stock break in a Finnish military target rifle. A gunsmith in Tucson fixed it for me for $150 and you can barely see the repair if you know what you're looking for and where to look. There are a number of good smiths in the Phoenix area who could give you a professional opinion and estimate.

Sounds like you have an interesting collection of Sako and Sako-based rifles. Do post some photos.