New member in Summerville, SC

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Jim Brusseau, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jim Brusseau

Jim Brusseau Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    Sako Collectors Club Members,
    Hello and Seasons Greetings. A brief note to introduce myself.
    I'm a new member (as of yesterday). Found the SCC site while doing some research on early Finnbear and Forester's. Appreciate the opportunity to join the club and learn more.
    Next gun is probably an older Forester Deluxe 308.
    All the best,
    Jim

deergoose likes this.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Welcome, Jim! I'm guessing you've located that Deluxe .308 and are pondering buying it. The .308's are somewhat scarcer than the .243's so if it is priced within reach you should buy it. If it is an L57 then it is very scarce in the Deluxe grade.

3. Jim Brusseau

Jim Brusseau Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    Thanks, Stonecreek.
    I have not located the exact gun. Looking at a couple different guns on GB and GI.
    If there is a SCC member with knowledge of the early Forester Deluxe 308's or know of a gun in very good condition that is priced appropriately, please let me know.

4. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hi Jim, FYI
    There is a L579 .308 Deluxe on usedguns.com.au in Australia now, $3650.00 Australian Dollars? Crazy price, but we really get reamed over here!!
    All the best in your search.
    Jay