New Member in KY

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by JG26_Irish, Nov 19, 2020.

1. JG26_Irish

JG26_Irish Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    Hello All, Irish here. I am a long time hunter, shooting sports competitor and collector of fine old and new firearms. Recently acquired my 1st Sako. It is a Sako Quad euroOptic Special Edition one of 49 built with Lilja bbl and McMillan A5 Stock. I am an avid 22BR shooter as well as a NRL22 competitor. This lil rifle is a shooter. It has already won our local cut throat 22 sporter match at my club in only its 2nd outting shooting a 249/19x and a 250/12x to win both relays shooting again 4 of the top ten rimfire benchrest shooters in the country using only the best available 22 sporter rifles. That included a Sako 94s custom with Walther bbl, two Anschutz 54's, and four Win 52's. That is elite performance all out of a rifle that I am still getting to know. I got on here because I want to find a spare bbl for this rifle in 17M2 and/or 17HMR. The EuroOptic edition came with the Lilja bbl in 22lr and the nice McMillan stock along with a few other bells and whistles instead of the four bbl set. But what attracted me was the possibility of adding the 17M2 bbl. I have found them difficult to locate.

Quad Lilja Tactical.jpg

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Sounds like you have a "keeper". I would contact Lilja directly. I would think they would make you a barrel exactly to your specs.

3. JG26_Irish

JG26_Irish Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kentucky
    Yes, I did speak with Carsen Lilja who has agreed to build me a 17M2 bbl later this winter after Christmas. Might still want to gather up other Sako bbls if available since all of the Lilja's are bull bbls and slightly heavier than the more slender profiles.