New member in Alaska, 579 in .243

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Sobie2, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sobie2

Sobie2 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    Hi everyone,

I have many firearms, but have a special Sako, my father's deer rifle. Does anyone have a recommendation for a gunsmith who does great re-bluing? It sat for a few years in a bad rifle case after his passing.

Sobie2

Piet Cloete likes this.

2. Backfencer

Backfencer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Washington
    Howdy S2, I'm fairly new here myself and I found this site while researching my father's L579 .243 as well! I too have many firearms spanning multiple shooting disciplines...but this site does have me on a Sako kick as of now.

As I have found, this site has a wealth of informatio regarding Sako's in the archives. Learn to use the search button per forum (and sub-forum) is my best recommendation, and then after searching, post you quest in the appropriate forum. In your case, a search may bring up multiple topics on bluing/gunsmith's, etc with Gunsmith "x, y, and z" noted several times.

If it were me, I would then post a question in the General Discussion or the Gunsmithing section similiar to this. "Has anyone used gunsmith's "x, y, or z" recently for a re-blue on a L579", and if so, were you satisified regarding price, workmanship, and turn-around time? Also, if there's someone else anyone recommends, I'd greatly appreciate it? Thanks...

This is just my opinion, but the majority of the regular contributors know a significant amount of information regarding many of the models. I haven't contributed much at all while a member, mainly because I'm still a neophyte specifically to Sako firearms. I enjoy learning about a specific model though...searching and reading all the available topics/threads. Then seeking out additional info from some of the members here. They have been VERY helpful and welcoming I must say. This is an interactive and diverse group, and I'd wager there's more Sako info available here on rare/collector models than anywhere else on the 'net.

Piet Cloete likes this.