New member from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by cookie, May 20, 2020.

1. cookie

cookie Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Hi all
    I from the north island in New Zealand and at the moment I'm using a Sako Carbon light .260.
    I've had a number of sako rifles over the years and a few Tikka.
    I do love the 6.5 Cal for a hunting rifle and have been a reloader for many years.
    I'm mainly hunting deer which we can do all year round, I'm looking forward to joining in.

Cheers cookie

susanna likes this.

2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arkansas
    Hi cookie, Welcome aboard glad to have you join in. Can you tell us a little about the Presidents gun ban; such as exceptions, number of guns you can own, etc. Be careful and stay safe. Wayne

3. cookie

cookie Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    Hi Wayne
    No semi auto center fires at all and only 10 round mags in .22 and 5 shots in shot guns.
    It really sucks for guys that used to do 3 gun matches, I have only ever had bolt action rifle so I didn't effect me that much.
    I'm sure it is just the start of things.
    You can get an exemption for a semi if you run a pet control business but I'm sure it's alot of paper work involved.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Wayne likes this.
  4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Is there an exemption for rimfires with fixed tubular magazines which typically can hold from twelve to fifteen rounds?

5. cookie

cookie Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    No you have to have them pinned by a gunsmith to hold no more than 10.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

6. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Welcome cookie!!

Interesting to learn more about gun laws and hunting from the Southern Hemisphere!!

Too bad such restrictions is forced upon you! They are trying hard up here in Sweden to make it harder to obtain licenses for semiautos but it’s still possible.

Magazines are another thing they want to limit but we are good so far. One reason for not having licenses is that it would make tens of thousands people criminals over night.

Anyways, good to have another Kiwi onboard! Enjoy SCC!!

Jim

7. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Hello Jim,

Here in the UK one has to have a valid reason for every firearm owned. Every bullet/cartridge has to be under lock & key. If one had a suprise visit from the Police and just a single .22 rimfire was found not locked up, you would have your FAC { Fire Arms Certificate } revoked with a stiff rap across the knuckles. On the other hand with shot guns one can have as many cartridges as you wont, and they do not have to be locked up, although shot guns have to be. " Oh to be in England "

Blackjack

8. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Hi Jim,
    Can you message me, as for some reason I can't reply to your sights for sale etc etc.
    BJ

9. sraaw

sraaw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Blackjack, you need to private message when responding to for sale posts.