New member from Alabama

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Jeeps-And-Guns, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Jeeps-And-Guns

Jeeps-And-Guns Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    New member here from Alabama. Been a Sako owner for a few years. I usually hang out on rimfire central but figured I would join here too.
    I seem to be turning into a real Sako lover.
    My current collection of Sako rifles include:
    Two P94S Varmint's 22LR
    P72 Varmint 22LR
    M78 Varmint 22LR
    S491 Varmint 17 rem

As you can tell, I like the heavy barrel varmint models.

2. Bernie’s Dad

Bernie’s Dad Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Connecticut
    Welcome. Can you post some photographs of your rifles?

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    That's quite a collection of HB Sako rimfires, and the P72 & M78 are very hard to find. Of all of the rimfires, which seems the most accurate? I own P72 and P94 sporters and so far as I can measure both exhibit similar outstanding accuracy.

4. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Welcome JaG,

Nice collection. Agreed on pix! I've got a 78 and 94s sporters, both with Iron sights. An AI .17 rem (with Iron sights too) , so we all have our quirks, ;). Only HB's are an AI SS .22ppc and .308 AII varmint/ BR. Both with the OEM BR triggers.

Gary

5. Jeeps-And-Guns

Jeeps-And-Guns Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    Yea the heavy barrel P72 I just lucked out and stumbled across it listed online and snatched it up. The heavy barrel M78 I was able to work out a deal with a member on rimfire central after posting up about the heavy barrel models.
    So far I have only zeroed in the P72. I have not had the time to give it a proper test with several ammo types. I have not had a chance to shoot/zero in the M78 yet, as I just got it.
    I ended up getting both of these within a couple weeks of one another, and that was just a couple weeks ago. Weather has not been working with me.

Here is the collection:
    Starting at the bottom is the P72, then the M78, then the two P94S's, and on top is the S491.

[​IMG]

Wayne and Bernie’s Dad like this.