New member Forum

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Jan Arthur Larson, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jan Arthur Larson

Jan Arthur Larson Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Welcome Jan! Your 7x64, 9.3x62 & 8x68 would be very difficult or nearly impossible to find in the USA. Posting some photos of Sako rifles is always appreciated.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Agreed! I've run across an 8x60 in the Sako Mauser, but never an 8x68. Welcome aboard, Jan.

4. Jan Arthur Larson

Jan Arthur Larson Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other
    I have been very interested in hunting and guns for a very long time and at one time I had 35 guns in my home then I realise that I did not use many of them I had just bought them because I was curious and only showed them to friends, so I sold most of them and now I only have those guns I use for hunting, The Sako Mauser 8x68S and 3006 and Browning B25 Broadway trap gun for sporting competition and hunting and a Browning Duble auto for bird hunting and a Browning 9mm Highpower for Racon dog hunting and plinking.
    The 8x68 S is original from Sako with the FN Mauser action and I think that Sako has made it because some important business man asked for it,it was sent to Germany to mounting a Claw mount with a Smidt&Bender 1,1-4 scope.
    My Sako Mausers are of no interest for collectors because not much is original both have laminated stocks and are made to fit me and they are in use for hunting Moose,Roe Deer,Whith tail Deer,Wild boar and Seal.
    I will try to take some pictures tomorrow.
    BR J A Larson