New member -Australia

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Glen Scheluchin, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Glen Scheluchin

Glen Scheluchin Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hello all Glen from Straya ( thats how we say it :( ) Sako L461 Vixen 154439 ( 1979 ) was to be the basis for a custom chamber .17 Viper S . But alas I found that the L461 action was to long and wouldnt cycle the short 30mm Viper S case, so it will besold. Im looking for a L46 in 7x33 to finalise my build........anyone in Oz have one - trade buy outright etc ?

Rogan Kinnear likes this.

2. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    The Barn in Oaky QLD has two. Ain't cheap Screenshot_20201025-203813_Chrome.jpg

3. Glen Scheluchin

Glen Scheluchin Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    mmm - saw those. IM after a 7x33 short action /magazine and that one appears to have been dragged around the yard by the dog. The pictures arnt that flash but from what I can see that ( 7x33) appears to have a fair bit of pitting to the metal work. Im not in any great hurry so hopefully a reasonable one will turn up. There is a nice one here http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/85567/sako_l46_7x33_ser_no_5464.html

But IM not keen on the price.....$3400 !

4. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Your or kidding, I balked when I saw them.