1. CodyJames

CodyJames Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Thanks for the Add. I live in northern BC Canada.
    I recently inherited my dads old Sako Finnbear in 30:06 and with help from the hive I look forward to being able to put some Rounds down range soon.
    Cheers!

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Welcome Cody,

I saw your other post so I thought I’d sort of help here since reply’s are not allowed in the trade corner.

Midwest Gun Works has a non magnum bolt body and Brownells has a firing pin assembly according to their respective websites. A few other parts and you’d have a complete bolt. I’ve assumed your referring to your fathers .30-06. Ebay and other sites on the web may have parts appear, but you’ll have to check frequently. Also, others right here may have some parts they’d be willing to sell. Good luck.

3. CodyJames

CodyJames Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Thanks Sean, I’m really hoping I luck out and find one.

4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Cody, you could always look for a 270 in a complete L61R and have one bolt for two rifles. Off my head that is one of the long actions that would have the same bolt face. Magnum calibers have different faces. Might be wrong hope others chime in.
    Or pick up a beater in 30-06 just for the bolt. At least it is one of the most popular chamberings out there.

Sean Hodges likes this.
  5. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Good suggestion, I was going to have him look at the L61r .30-06 in the McMillian stock at Cabela’s, for $539.00, but unfortunately it’s gone.

6. CodyJames

CodyJames Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Thanks for the ideas guys. Keep me coming. I am determined to get it functional again. I would like to take my dad out to hunt with it again before it’s too late.

7. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    There is a banned Sako member that does have some bolts for sale, they aren’t cheap though. I can’t remember if he has a L61 or not. I am sure he hasn’t sold them...

8. CodyJames

CodyJames Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Interesting, any way to contact this fella?

9. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Seems to me I remember seeing bolts on here for sale last winter while scrounging through some old posts. Only thing is they were high, $400-$500 just for a bolt. I remember saying to myself "you could buy a whole action for another $100. Other than the 270 you could also get a 25-06 and swap bolts between rifles. Two for one.......25-06's are harder to find though.

10. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Trust me. You don't even want to think about going there. He was banned for a reason.

rick

11. CodyJames

CodyJames Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Thanks guys.
    If you ever see one please let me know. Until then the search continues

12. MNFNLNDR

MNFNLNDR Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
  13. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    BE REAL CAREFUL WITH SELLERS ON ARMSLIST a lot of scammers

14. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Yes, it's the worst.

15. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    The thing with Armslist is, NEVER EVER make a deal to have a rifle (or anything else) shipped. And if you're selling, don't ship anything either. It's FTF or no deal. They tell you right up front in the terms of service that Armslist is intended to set up face to face sales and they do NO vetting of buyers and sellers. I've bought and sold some very nice weapons on Armslist but I've also seen some nasty-looking scams that I had the good sense to avoid. I've got a gorgeous Swiss K31 with a walnut stock and an equally nice Swedish M96 courtesy of Armslist - but I've also dodged a lot of bullets.

16. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Let me tell you my tale of woe regarding Armslist.

I found a Sako at a very attractive price and corresponded with the "seller". I was cautious, so I took the precaution of asking him for a scan of his Illinois drivers license, which he sent me. I used a postal money order to pay, made out to the "seller" with the exact address on the DL. Further, I sent it by Registered Mail, deliver to addressee only, return receipt requested. When there was no response for more than a week I started checking. There was never a return receipt, but the postal money order was cashed. I raised hell with the Post Office, but to no avail. Then I had the bright idea to look up the address on the DL he had sent me on Google Maps street view. It was a vacant lot.

Clearly, the scammer had to have help from someone in the Post Office, but I could never get a Postal Inspector interested. Lesson learned. Not only do I never buy from or even look at Armslist, I look up the address of every seller on GB or other sources I might buy from on Google Maps to make sure that address is a real place.

17. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Several old sayings to remember. If it is too good to be true it probably is. And There is a sucker born every minute.

When dealing with an Armslist seller have the seller identify a dealer that will act as a proxy. The process works like this. The seller takes the gun to the proxy. You verify the proxy as being a legit FFL dealership. The money goes to the proxy and in turn the proxy sends the rifle to your FFL.

99.9999999% of the time the fakers drop out.

rick