L46 New guy

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Ron Lowry, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Ron Lowry

Ron Lowry Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    Literally just purchased first maple stocked L46,3 min ago.
    Been chasing a Sako in 222 for better part of a year.Finally pulled the trigger so to speak. Damm it is good looking.

Josey likes this.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    If the stock is Maple it is not a factory stock. You may be confusing the blonde European Walnut Sako used with Maple, which is a common misconception. The only other wood Sako used was Birch & it was only used on the very early L46 rifles. Pictures are always welcome!

Ron Lowry likes this.
  3. Josey

Josey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maine
    Just got a nice looking sako myself congrats

4. Ron Lowry

Ron Lowry Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana

5. Ron Lowry

Ron Lowry Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    This is why I joined. I know very little about Sako.
    Always been a REM BDL and Marlin collector,and we all know what happened there! Looking forward to the conversation...Thank you

6. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Pictures? Members could then tell you exactly what you bought. You can also use our Factory Records Service to find out production & shipping dates & in what configuration it left the factory.

7. Ron Lowry

Ron Lowry Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    Pictures from IPhone. Not best, hell I’m still trying to program my Betamax! That said #40776. Looks like heavy barrel. Gorgeous everything else. Thx for the help everyone. At range when snow stops.

Attached Files:

tripledeuce likes this.
  8. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I would run a Factory Records Sevice check on it. Looks like a nice L46 with the Beavertail varmint stock, but that serial number looks high for it to have a pancake style cheek piece & a front sight on a HB. However, with Sako you never know. Looks like it has Extra-High Leupold ring mounts, which will make it harder to get a good cheek weld on the low comb stock, but the 222 Rem recoil makes that less important. Previous owner probably had a big belled scope on it. Clean little rifle. Enjoy!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!