• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New guy here from tx

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tanner

Hello, Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from you all. I’m from central tx and I work as a full time firefighter and do roofing on my days off. (To afford these expensive hobbies). My family and I hunt Deep South Texas and spend as much time as possible down there. Thanks for having me!

Hello, Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from you all. I’m from central tx and I work as a full time firefighter and do roofing on my days off. (To afford these expensive hobbies). My family and I hunt Deep South Texas and spend as much time as possible down there. Thanks for having me!
Welcome Tanner,

I read your post in the trade corner as well, An actual Tecomate stock obviously will be very difficult to locate. Bell and Carlson provided the stock for that version of A7 rifle. They still produce the stock and they produce it in the same green color, however it won’t have the Sako grip inlay. Best of luck.

Welcome Tanner, to the club!
My heart goes out to you as a Firefighter, especially those involved with roofing as a side job! It’s hot enough in either career but wow, you get it both ways! I did roofing for 10 years. It was a great job, but with the combination of heat, back breaking labor and more heat. I finally wised up and found something else to earn a living, as an electrician!

There is a vast wealth of knowledge here, and many helpful members who look forward to this site each and every day. You’ll be happy you joined.
I know I have been!

The old Hippie

Welcome Tanner,

I read your post in the trade corner as well, An actual Tecomate stock obviously will be very difficult to locate. Bell and Carlson provided the stock for that version of A7 rifle. They still produce the stock and they produce it in the same green color, however it won’t have the Sako grip inlay. Best of luck.
Yes sir, I just thought I would try my luck to find an actual tecomate stock. It would be awesome to find some of the grip inlay plates that I could put in a new b&c stock but I know that’s going to be even tougher than finding an actual stock. Thank you sir.

Welcome Tanner, to the club!
My heart goes out to you as a Firefighter, especially those involved with roofing as a side job! It’s hot enough in either career but wow, you get it both ways! I did roofing for 10 years. It was a great job, but with the combination of heat, back breaking labor and more heat. I finally wised up and found something else to earn a living, as an electrician!

There is a vast wealth of knowledge here, and many helpful members who look forward to this site each and every day. You’ll be happy you joined.
I know I have been!

The old Hippie
Thanks for the welcome! I’m definitely not the brightest choosing both of those jobs. Haha

It’s good honest work man. Hard to find folks like you now days. Keep on keepin’ on!

Hope you find that stock, or at least something close to your desires. I see stocks of various periods for sale now and then. Some will put their rifles in something that suits them better than the factory furniture, and let the original go. Good luck!

Old Hippie

It’s good honest work man. Hard to find folks like you now days. Keep on keepin’ on!

Hope you find that stock, or at least something close to your desires. I see stocks of various periods for sale now and then. Some will put their rifles in something that suits them better than the factory furniture, and let the original go. Good luck!

Old Hippie
I do appreciate it sir!

Hi Tanner,
Try searching gun stocks on the net, there are several sites and in inquiry
may get results. I have hunted Texas several times and if I wasn't so old I would like to live in Texas. Spent time in Amarillo- Clarandon, Salt fork of the Brazos, around Post Tx and Mc Millan county. Love the people & the hunting
best of luck in your search

Back