• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New from Russia.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

BreezeAir

Hi, all

I'm from Moscow and I wanted to get a SAKO rifle ever since I was a teenager. So, here I am some years later with these two lovely guns:
SAKO 85 Varmint in .223 Rem with an 8' twist.
SAKO 85 Brown Bear in .338 Win Mag

The first one is mainly for target shooting (we're not blessed with ranges longer than 300 m around Moscow) but I really wanna bag a roe this late summer if all stars align. The second I just bought and it is intended for hunting moose and red deer (possibly hogs) and maybe brown bear someday if I prove myself as a skilled hunter.

Happy to be here and hope to deepen my knowledge of my beloved Finnish brand.
Kiitos, Suomi!

Welcome, Breeze! So far as I know you're our first member from Russia. Being not so far from Finland, if you ever visit there be sure to go see the Finnish Hunting Museum in Riihimaki. They have a number of interesting Sakos on display and run a continuous hunting film, one segment of which shows former USSR leader Nikita Khrushchev hunting moose in Finland.

Welcome, Breeze! So far as I know you're our first member of Russia. Being not so far from Finland, if you ever visit there be sure to go see the Finnish Hunting Museum in Riihimaki. They have a number of interesting Sakos on display and run a continuous hunting film, one segment of which shows former USSR leader Nikita Khrushchev hunting moose in Finland.
Oh, the responsibility. Thanks a lot for the welcome. Actually I was planning a family trip to Finland this summer. Hopefully, it won't share the fate of our London vacation. I was so excited to visit Purdey, Holland&Holland, and Rigby shops. I'll definitely visit Riihimaki and the museum. Obliged for the advice. Khrushchev was into hunting and received a number of unique firearms as presents which now turn up on auctions every now and then. When it comes to Soviet officials being into hunting no one comes close to the level of fascination Brezhnev possessed.

Last edited:
Yeah, this member of the animals that were equaler had a good taste. Guns, cars, and beautiful women. Can hardly blame the man.

Back