1. Doug Stanton

Doug Stanton Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Just bought my first Sako gun (S20) and hoping it's a shooter.

Wayne likes this.

2. Blip

Blip Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Mexico
    Hello! Welcome aboard!

3. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arkansas
    Doug, Glad to have you here. I suspect that you will find it`s accuracy more than acceptable. A range report with pictures would be welcome. Wayne

4. Doug Stanton

Doug Stanton Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Thanks Wayne. I hope to get out this week after a good cleaning. A friend recommended using J-B bore finishing compound after cleaning as he had a Tikka that didn't shoot great but after the J-B treatment, things significantly improved for him. We'll see as the Sako site says there's no break-in of their barrels but we'll see if it helps me. Got some good tips that I've heard of before but just didn't think of them when I shot the 1st time so everyones comments are greatly appreciated as I've just not done much with rifles since I mostly focus on bow hunting but have typically done a "token" rifle hunt.

5. Doug Stanton

Doug Stanton Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Good News. I cleaned my gun well and then used JB Bore Bright per a friends recommendation. I had some 160 gr. Remington CoreLok's that I used for the 1st 2 shots (100 yds) to foul the barrel first as I didn't intend to use these for hunting. They shot OK with no scope adjustments. I then made a 3 shot group with my Hornady Precision Hunter 162 gr. bullets and had a 0.8" group which I was very happy with. I'd been looking for bullets all summer and finally go lucky and called Sportsmans Warehouse to see if they had anything and Bingo. They just put some on the shelf and a friend was 5 minutes away from the store. Man what a headache just trying to buy bullets!!! I plan to go next week and shoot some longer ranges hopefully out to 500 yds to see how that looks as I've not shot any longer ranges outside of 250 for any previous rifle practice so we'll see how it goes.

Attached Files: