1. Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim
    Dismiss Notice

New bolt-action rifle owner, Sako S20

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by blessyou, Nov 17, 2022.

1. blessyou

blessyou Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Greetings everyone. I bought my first bolt-action rifle this month. It's a Sako S20 in 6.5 PRC featuring the precision stock and fore-end. I am the first firearm owner in my family. I don't have a rifle-owning grandpa or father from which to inherit the classic cartridges. Before purchasing my rifle, I considered the 243 Win, 6.5 CM, 260 Rem, 6.5 Grendel, 270 Win, 7mm-08 & 308. Out of all of these cartridges, I chose the 6.5 PRC. The reason I chose the Sako S20 begins with Sako's reputation for high-quality, accurate rifles, and the final deciding factor was the S20's native modularity and updated fittings for a true, modern bolt-action rifle. I have always had an interest in marksmanship and hunting, but no one in my family owned a gun. Years later, my first firearm was an S&W Shield Plus for home defense. Since then, I've jumped headfirst into the hobby- adding a few more guns to the gun safe, handloading, and reading about bullet ballistics. Currently, all my shooting is at the range. One day, I'd like to participate in a spot-and-stalk for deer, or even a hog cull. Until that day comes, I practice my aim while plinking and my handloading while making target rounds.

2. gunner620

gunner620 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    You probably will not find many members with the S20 as most members here are interested in the older rifles so maybe you would care to update us on your new generation rifle. BTW welcome to the forum.