Never Was A Mannlicher Fan

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, Jan 10, 2020.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I never did understand why anyone would put a wood stock all the way to the end of the barrel. I never cared for the look and what it can do to barrel harmonics can hurt accuracy. As I have aged and looked at the different features of guns, I have grown to like the Mannlicher much the same as I have become a fan of the Finnwolf.

I don't ever see myself having many Mannlicher rifles, these spoke to me for varying reasons and I had to get them. The latest is the 22-250, which I wasn't looking for, but when I found it, it does fit into the same era as the other 2. The second rifle is a 223 and I had to get it because of the scarceness of that configuration. The third is scarce as well to find a rifle length Mannlicher of this era is difficult and not only that but in 222 Magnum...

thumbnail_IMG_8497.jpg

tripledeuce, icebear and ricksengines like this.

2. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Yeah, I'm not a Mannlicher fan either, but those are some nice looking rifles.
    :)

3. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    That rifle length 223 is just amazing. Probably so rare some would think it was a mistake.

4. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    The rifle length is a 222 magnum, and it is a Bofors gun. Yes, quite rare...

5. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    My bad, as usual my fingers got ahead of my brain. Still very nice. Seeing how that rifle length would shoot will show that mannlicher's can keep up.

6. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Nice trio, and all of them pretty rare. I am a fan of Mannlicher-style stocks, and I'm on the lookout for a rifle-length, full-stock .222 Magnum like that one. I always found it ironic that for years I've had a rifle-length full-stock .222 and a carbine-length full-stock .222 Magnum, when it is the Magnum that would benefit most from the additional barrel length.