Need some input from all of you!

Discussion in 'News' started by L61R, Nov 17, 2014.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hey all!

I have some questions for you all and I hope you can help me by giving your opinions here in the thread.

As you know we changed the design of the site a while back. The reason for that was an idea I had for building a "knowledge database" for all things Sako. I wanted a place where members and others could find info like schematics, history, pics and lots of other data. I have filled it with a little info and I hope to be able to update it soon.

I opted for a design I liked and hired help to do it and in general I am happy with the result.

But I have noticed that many viewers just end up on the homepage but they don't navigate the site.
    There could be many reasons for this but I suspect that one reason could be that it's hard to find the forum? Another reason could of course be that some people end up on the site by mistake.

I want to make it easier to find the forum and I would like to increase the traffic here, but first I would like to hear your opinion on the whole site in general but also on the forum in particular.

What is good? What can we do better? Is it hard to navigate etcetera!

Any suggestion will help me improve the site so please help me by posting your input here!

And I would like your help in "spreading the word" about SCC to others as well. So when you get a chance, post about SCC on facebook, twitter or other social media. Or by telling your friends on other forums or in real life.

Thanks!!

Jim

2. emmerth

emmerth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Jim,

I think this is a great site and finding the forum is extremely easy. I went to www.sakocollectors.com and if anyone has an issue on finding the forum, they must be brain dead :). Even when I do a standard web search for Sako collectors, the first site option that pops up is the link to forum. Not sure it could get much easier than that.

However, keep in mind I am in the US and the result may be different depending on what part of the world you are from. Can you tell if the visitors are leaving immediately or are they clicking around?

Craig

3. 16b410

16b410 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Jim, the site is fantastic. I bought my first Sako in 1968 not knowing what it was and hoping it would be a decently accurate rifle. It was, and the love affair began. There was no info to speak of out there on these rifles until Jim Lutes and Mims Reed formed the SCA. Finally some answers to a myriad of questions. After the Association disappeared, all I had was my complete set of newsletters to manually search through page after page for answers. The internet showed up and then there was a way to easily search for info, but it was the wrong info most usually. This site is a treasure trove of accurate info that can be easily found. Why people would end up on the homepage but not navigate the site would be a mystery to me and a loss for them.

4. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Thanks a lot for your input guys!

I appreciate it very much!

But I had hoped for a few more replies by now I must confess.

Nothing good that can't be improved you know! ;-)

So I ask again, what can I do to improve the site? I am espescially interested to heat what you think of the non-forum parts of the site.

Bring it on Gentlemen!

Jim

5. dhv

dhv Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    My only gripe is people not putting locations on their posts. In the for sale section for example, the location of an item may mean it's a realistic proposition, or just not worth it due to import and local licensing laws.

I like the idea of a knowledge base.

6. cmjr

cmjr Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    ok, you asked for it. First thing I notice is when I go to the home page it seems....scattered. The areas of interest have dates that are over 8 months old which tells me that nothing is updated on a regular basis. As a newbie surfing if I go to a new site and see that nothing is current, I'm on to something else. Your opportunity is at that point and as your finding that is where your losing it. Next is what this site is all about....Sako's. This is a very limited subject and in the past talking about anything but Sako was squashed by the mods. It was not uncommon to come back and find your thread moved as a mod decided it was not the correct location. This has changed a lot with the new mods, big improvement especially in opening the classifieds. In the past I've posted a stock to have it deleted with a terse note to stick to Sako's from a mod. Regardless I would venture that all or at least most of us probably own more "other" brands than Sako's, so opening it up was a big plus.

Most of the big sites narrow in on a "area" not a brand. Example, Rimfire Central(17K+) which is a huge site. Accurate Shooter(the old 6mmBR.com, 25K+), even bigger, Benchrest Central(21K+) etc....Sako, comparatively is a brand of rifle, a very small part of each one of these areas. I will also add that these big sites with all their offerings were a lot more sparse until they grew but the advantage they offered they cast a huge net over a large segment of the shooting sports...we(SCC) don't.

Next is, and not being a computer whiz I can't tell you why, in the past of all sites I frequent this one has given me the most problems. I blame that on the past site more than the new one. It was not uncommon for me to get emails from members saying "what happened? I can't get on!" Sometimes it was me sending that email. I will say I don't have the connection problems I used to but if I have an "anomaly" or inconsistency....it s here. Example, I pull up new posts, I get some of the new posts not all of them. I can pull out my phone, tap on my SCC icon I get an entirely different list of posts???

I took a look at my habits when getting online. I never go to the home page, my links are set up to take me directly to the forums. When you mentioned the Home page I deliberately went to it. First thing that hit me was BIG BANNERS, not really arranged around ?....I can't even really finish that sentence....

Selections, too many.....rather than specifics generalize in areas. A guy hunting with a A7, 85, 75 or whatever....a rimfire, lump them together. The way it's set up I go to maybe 3-4 areas and even then I've gotten to going to new posts and fast forwarding to only the current posts and if no movement I'm gone. Probably explains why your stats show people showing up and then leaving, nothing new....gone.

I think if you look at the traffic on this site, ie those that post on a regular basis, lets say once every 2-3 days, you could throw a blanket around 40-50 guys, probably less. In the areas(L461, L579, classifieds and general) I regularly look at probably 10-20.

I'm through for now, if this seems disjointed, well....that's the way I think. I saw this post when you first listed it and held off. Being a Sako fan and this being the only Sako site I've always enjoyed it but it really is a small niche of the shooting sports as a whole.

PS...oh yea, big pet peeve, what dhv said, where the He!! are you from?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Firstly I really like the guys on here and enjoying interacting on the forum greatly. If one of the guys needed help I'd go out of my way to help. I don't mind the layout of the forum at present and agree having your location displayed is really useful. A few general points on the forum in no order that I notice:

1. I think there are a lot of 'sleepers' on this forum that never post but regularly view the forum. I don't know how you change that but there would be a lot of people that read this forum here in Australia that have great collections and knowledge yet don't contribute to the forum, which is a shame and loss to us.

2. I like sako's, but I also like rifles, hunting, family, different environments, cultures and understanding how people do things. Some of the best posts in the last few months have been the US deer hunts with sons and grandsons, David's NZ adventures and Alpine Hunters cool effort on the boars. While I like finding out about different floor plates, trigger guards etc and very fine detail on sako rifles I also enjoy the more 'cultural' threads as well as those mentioned above. i.e the hunting cabin you built, the shooting rig you use, how you use what you hunt or kill, etc

3. The forum lacks a lot on the more modern sako's - 75 and & 85's, TRG's. I actually don't own either myself and I think a lot of new comers are chasing info on these platforms and there isn't a lot on here. Most of us like the early sako's and this dominates. I think this can see new comers move on. For instance there was a thread about 85 action screw torque values that I think didn't even get a reply recently. It was good to see the 85 barvarian stock update thread recently..

4. Classified section is good. I much prefer it to guys coming on here all the time and their 1st post is I have a rifle and whats' it worth? They then get this info, sell the rifle and are never heard of again. If you not capable of working this out yourself in this day and age then a member here deserves to get a bit of a bargain. Hence having the classified section and putting all that straight in there is great. It also allows members to help one another and benefits both the seller and buyer so I'm all for more of it.

5. Forum is hard to search as many of the titles of threads don't have descriptive titles. For example when I converted across a win 88 10 shot mag for the finnwolf I think I titled it Chuck Norris finnwolf!! Good luck someone new to the forum finding it!

Non - forum parts suggestions:

1.Have people regularly updating and contributing to the content - maybe this should be the mods? There is a lot of knowledge comes out of the forum that could be put into the non-forum parts. i.e riihimaki bolt dissemble was an example of that. Others could be stock refinishing, how to make bolt release springs etc

2. How about some simple video's. i.e. sako 75, 85 bolt disassembly, etc

3. Photo's from the 2015 SCC Vegas convention :D

All-in All Jim though you are doing a top job and all of us really appreciate it;)

8. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Yes!! This is what I was waiting for!! Thanks!!

Since I only have an iphone at hand I will try to keep my reply as sharp and to the point as possible. I start with cmjr and you'll have to excuse the upper case letters.

"ok, you asked for it. First thing I notice is when I go to the home page it seems....scattered. The areas of interest have dates that are over 8 months old which tells me that nothing is updated on a regular basis. As a newbie surfing if I go to a new site and see that nothing is current, I'm on to something else. Your opportunity is at that point and as your finding that is where your losing it."

THE SITE I AM TRYING TO BUILD IS A REFERENCE SITE TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND THINGS LIKE MANUALS, MODELS, TECH SPECS ETC ETC. THIS INFO IS HIDDEN INSIDE THE FORUM AND CAN BE TRICKY TO FIND.

Next is what this site is all about....Sako's. This is a very limited subject and in the past talking about anything but Sako was squashed by the mods. It was not uncommon to come back and find your thread moved as a mod decided it was not the correct location. This has changed a lot with the new mods, big improvement especially in opening the classifieds.

THAT WAS IN THE PAST WHEN WE HAD A LOT OG PEOPLE POSTING IN THE WRONG SECTIONS. NOW WE LEAVE THE FORUM ALMOST UNMODERATED. EXCEPT FOR THE OCCASIONAL TROLL OR WAY OUT OF LINE POSTS.

In the past I've posted a stock to have it deleted with a terse note to stick to Sako's from a mod. Regardless I would venture that all or at least most of us probably own more "other" brands than Sako's, so opening it up was a big plus.

GOOD! I'M HAPPY, YOU'RE HAPPY! :)

Most of the big sites narrow in on a "area" not a brand. Example, Rimfire Central(17K+) which is a huge site. Accurate Shooter(the old 6mmBR.com, 25K+), even bigger, Benchrest Central(21K+) etc....Sako, comparatively is a brand of rifle, a very small part of each one of these areas. I will also add that these big sites with all their offerings were a lot more sparse until they grew but the advantage they offered they cast a huge net over a large segment of the shooting sports...we(SCC) don't.

AND NEVER WILL. THIS SITE WILL ONLY BE ABOUT SAKO AND FINNISH RIFLES. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING WHAY OTHERS DO BETTER. BUT I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF ADDING TWO SUBFORUMS FOR A WHILE. ONE WHERE MEMBERS CAN TALK ABOUT OTHER BRANDS OF FIREARMS AND ONE FOR CHIT-CHAT.

Next is, and not being a computer whiz I can't tell you why, in the past of all sites I frequent this one has given me the most problems. I blame that on the past site more than the new one. It was not uncommon for me to get emails from members saying "what happened? I can't get on!" Sometimes it was me sending that email. I will say I don't have the connection problems I used to but if I have an "anomaly" or inconsistency....it s here.

AGAIN, THAT WAS IN THE PAST DUE TO A BAD SOFTWARE HENCE THE MOVE TO XENFORO.

Example, I pull up new posts, I get some of the new posts not all of them. I can pull out my phone, tap on my SCC icon I get an entirely different list of posts???

I'LL LOOK INTO THIS ASAP!

I took a look at my habits when getting online. I never go to the home page, my links are set up to take me directly to the forums. When you mentioned the Home page I deliberately went to it. First thing that hit me was BIG BANNERS, not really arranged around ?....I can't even really finish that sentence....

CAN YOU TRY TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE ISSUE IS? THE BANNERS ARE THERE BUT THEY ARE NOT THAT BIG? AT LEAST NOT ON MY IPHONE, IPAD, IMAC OR PC?

Selections, too many.....rather than specifics generalize in areas. A guy hunting with a A7, 85, 75 or whatever....a rimfire, lump them together. The way it's set up I go to maybe 3-4 areas and even then I've gotten to going to new posts and fast forwarding to only the current posts and if no movement I'm gone. Probably explains why your stats show people showing up and then leaving, nothing new....gone.

FIRST. THE STATS FOR THE FORUM IS DECENT ENOUGH BUT NOT ON THE MAIN PAGE. THERE MIGHT BE SEVERAL REASONS FOR THIS AND WE HAVE PUT A BUTTON ON THERE TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND THE FORUM. MAYBE IT HELPS OR NOT BUT I AM WORKING ON IT.

AS FOR THE FORUM HAVING TOO MANY SUBFORUMS. THAT IS TRUE BUT I HAVE REDUCED THEM SOME. I WILL REDUCE THEM EVEN MORE BUT IT IS NOT EASY TO DO IT RIGHT. A FORUM WITH TOO MANY SUBFORMS IS EMPTY WHILE TOO FEW MAKES THE FORUM TOO BUSY AND HARD TO NAVIGATE. BUT AGAIN I WILL REDUCE THEM.

I think if you look at the traffic on this site, ie those that post on a regular basis, lets say once every 2-3 days, you could throw a blanket around 40-50 guys, probably less. In the areas(L461, L579, classifieds and general) I regularly look at probably 10-20.

YUP, THATS RIGHT BUT WE HAVE A LOT OF OUTSIDERS WATCHING US EVERY DAY. I HOPE WE CAN MAKE SOME OF THEM MEMBERS SOON.

I'm through for now, if this seems disjointed, well....that's the way I think. I saw this post when you first listed it and held off. Being a Sako fan and this being the only Sako site I've always enjoyed it but it really is a small niche of the shooting sports as a whole.

THANKS A LOT! I AM TRULY HAPPY YOU DECIDED TO CHIP IN!!!! WITHOUT MEMBER FEEDBACK THERE'S NO WAY OF KNOWING HOW TO IMPROVE THE SITE.

PS...oh yea, big pet peeve, what dhv said, where the He!! are you from?

WILL IMPLEMENT THAT TOO! ALL MEMBERS MUST PUT THEIR COUNTRY IN THEIR PROFILES AND I WILL MAKE SURE THIS IS SHOWN UNDERNEATH YOUR SCREEN NAME. IF POSSIBLE, I WILL ALSO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO POST IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION IF YOU FAIL TO ADD YOUR COUNTRY."

Again, a huge thanks for your thoughts and input!!

Jim

9. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Firstly I really like the guys on here and enjoying interacting on the forum greatly. If one of the guys needed help I'd go out of my way to help. I don't mind the layout of the forum at present and agree having your location displayed is really useful. A few general points on the forum in no order that I notice:

1. I think there are a lot of 'sleepers' on this forum that never post but regularly view the forum. I don't know how you change that but there would be a lot of people that read this forum here in Australia that have great collections and knowledge yet don't contribute to the forum, which is a shame and loss to us.

I AGREE! BUT HOW SHALL WE MAKE THEM JOIN US?

2. I like sako's, but I also like rifles, hunting, family, different environments, cultures and understanding how people do things. Some of the best posts in the last few months have been the US deer hunts with sons and grandsons, David's NZ adventures and Alpine Hunters cool effort on the boars. While I like finding out about different floor plates, trigger guards etc and very fine detail on sako rifles I also enjoy the more 'cultural' threads as well as those mentioned above. i.e the hunting cabin you built, the shooting rig you use, how you use what you hunt or kill, etc

AGAIN I AGREE! SEE ANSWER ABOVE AND I'LL INSTALL TWO SUBFORUMS FOR NON-SAKO FIREARMS AND CHIT-CHAT.

3. The forum lacks a lot on the more modern sako's - 75 and & 85's, TRG's. I actually don't own either myself and I think a lot of new comers are chasing info on these platforms and there isn't a lot on here. Most of us like the early sako's and this dominates. I think this can see new comers move on. For instance there was a thread about 85 action screw torque values that I think didn't even get a reply recently. It was good to see the 85 barvarian stock update thread recently..

WELL I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THEM AND HAVE NEVER OWNED OR SHOT ONE. BUT NOONE WOULD BE HAPPIER THAN ME SHOULD SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME.

4. Classified section is good. I much prefer it to guys coming on here all the time and their 1st post is I have a rifle and whats' it worth? They then get this info, sell the rifle and are never heard of again. If you not capable of working this out yourself in this day and age then a member here deserves to get a bit of a bargain. Hence having the classified section and putting all that straight in there is great. It also allows members to help one another and benefits both the seller and buyer so I'm all for more of it.

THANKS! I WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE COUNTRY WILL SHOW.

5. Forum is hard to search as many of the titles of threads don't have descriptive titles. For example when I converted across a win 88 10 shot mag for the finnwolf I think I titled it Chuck Norris finnwolf!! Good luck someone new to the forum finding it!

THAT IS HOW IT IS. NOT MUCH TO DO ABOUT THE WAY PEOPLE POST.

Non - forum parts suggestions:

1.Have people regularly updating and contributing to the content - maybe this should be the mods? There is a lot of knowledge comes out of the forum that could be put into the non-forum parts. i.e riihimaki bolt dissemble was an example of that. Others could be stock refinishing, how to make bolt release springs etc

THE MODS HELP ME WITH KEEPING AN EYE ON THE FORUM AND THE ONLY THING I ASK FROM THEM IS TO BE OF ASSISTANCE TO MEMBERS AND TO CHECK THE SITE IF AND WHEN THEY HAVE TIME FOR IT.
    SO I AM HOPING THAT MEMBERS WOULD CHIP IN WITH ARTICLES, POSTS, VIDEOS AND WHAT NOT.

2. How about some simple video's. i.e. sako 75, 85 bolt disassembly, etc

SEE FORMER ANSWER.

3. Photo's from the 2015 SCC Vegas convention :D

NO WORRIES MATE! JUST SEND ME THE AIRPLANE TICKET AND I'LL BE ON IT! ;-)

All-in All Jim though you are doing a top job and all of us really appreciate it;)

THANKS! IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!!! :) :)

Jim

10. gunner620

gunner620 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    J[m , THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DO. I too will be glad to see location show up for the member, that really helps when you try to help someone, maybe you make a phone call to help etc. We have a great deal of info in the files and I think the SEARCH function needs a foot note to direct new members or guests in it's use. I have no problems with the forum myself but after all I have been around a while. I enjoy this forum very much and I hope others do too. Jim

11. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Jim and Friends:

There is much more "right" about the SCC website than "wrong". We're very fortunate to have it. Any website requires periodic updating and improvement, and I appreciate Jim's ongoing efforts to do that.

I agree that the guys here are nearly all very courteous, friendly, and helpful. That makes it both pleasant and entertaining to have an open conversation with them.

The very reason for the site's success is that it is dedicated primarily to Sakos. The most interesting content is therefore that which relates to Sakos, whether it is collecting them, maintaining them, or shooting and hunting with them. I like the posts relating the hunting experiences, too, but I appreciate them the most if the hunter is using a Sako. Sometimes that happens not to be the case and that's fine, too, since someone who is using a Sako may closely relate to the hunting post.

There are other sites I can go to if I want to find out about replacement triggers for Remington 700's, which is why I think it is best to keep this site primarily regarding Sakos and their usage. Inevitably, many people will have a question or experience they want to relate regarding some comparable European rifle. Since there is no website dedicated to Steyr Mannlichers or Husqvarnas or Schultz & Larsen, and since Sako enthusiasts are more likely to own or have experience with such rifles, the SCC forum is a good place to ask a question or raise an issue about such guns. I find this interesting and it broadens the appeal of the site.

As with any product, there is always much more interest among its enthusiasts in what the company used to make than in what it currently makes. This is true whether you're speaking of Sakos, Winchesters, or Chevrolets. It's not that we intend to ignore "new" Sakos, just that many of us, like me, have never even held an A-7 or Model 85, so we don't have much to say about them.

As to the mechanics and appearance of the site, I don't really care. Once I get accustomed to how to navigate a site I'm always frustrated when it changes. Since all posts in any category show up on the "latest posts" list, I rarely bother to look at the various categories (unless I'm searching for something in particular).

I guess that all of this is to say that I'm pretty satisfied with the site and don't want to see a lot of changes. If there are any "cybertricks" that Jim can play to get more viewers, and especially more participants to the site, then great, I'm all for it.

Keep up the good work, Jim!

12. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I noticed that this is my 1000th post, so I'm not sure if that means this is a pretty good sight or my wife is correct about my mental state. I like to think it is the former. Not very computer literate so I can't comment on the technical aspects, but I do have a suggestion. There seems to be a constant stream of questions from new members that are very basic & whose answers could be easily obtained with even a cursory search of past posts. Many times I see these posts go unanswered or incorrectly answered by another "new" member. I think the reason is some of us have just grown weary of typing the same answer over & over, as many times once they get the answer we never here from them again. A more noticeable section for "newbie" inquiries related to "what do I have", "when was it made", "what's it worth" & possibly a few paragraphs of required reading before one can post directing them on where to look for the answer to these most basic & simple questions could be beneficial. Sometimes posts go unanswered because there is no answer, as in the question about "torque setting" for action screws mentioned earlier.
    This site is so specific in it's nature I don't think it will ever have the mass following of some of the other more broadly based sites, but that is what makes it a very good site with members of good character & communication skills. Adding numbers for numbers sake will not necessarily make it any better & could actually work to it's detriment. I visit other sites, and believe me you don't won't some of the bickering, childishness, & ego that goes with "mass" appeal. If there is anything I can assist with let me know. Thanks for your efforts!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  13. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hey paulson! Too bad you didn´t make it up to Hill Country last month!

Thanks for your input! I guess all wifes say the same about the time we spend here and on other hunting/shooting sites? Mine does! ;)

You are absolutely right about the "newbie" questions but that is just the way it is, both here and elsewhere. I´ve seen that on every forum and I believe we just have to live with it. I have been a newbie and done just the same so ther we are.

And if we had a newbie section, I feel that it would take away a little of te great spirit we have here. And it could also lead to us missing out on follow up questions and topics so I think we just have to live with it.

And I do agree with you thoughts on us being a specific topic forum. I do and I don´t want to increase numbers just for numbers sake. I am more interested in getting some of all the 5000 members back and I am also interested in learning why we have so many bounces, or people who just open a page and then they are gone.

I suspect that the latter can be members just checking in to see if something new has happened checking the Recent Post widget on the right hand side of the forum? Most days I do that a couple of times a day so rtat is probably one reason.

I second your thoughts on the bickering and ego too. I´ve seen that on so many many sites but not here yet, give or take an occassional troll every now and then. It´s something we can live without.

Cheers!

Jim

14. m995

m995 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    "You are absolutely right about the "newbie" questions but that is just the way it is, both here and elsewhere. I´ve seen that on every forum and I believe we just have to live with it. I have been a newbie and done just the same so there we are." I seen this before where as a "new" member asks a known question and another "new" member puts more light on the subject ( matching serial #'s on bolt, action with a left wing safety designs outside the normal #'s ) so this is a good thing to revisit what we think is fact.

"I suspect that the latter can be members just checking in to see if something new has happened checking the Recent Post widget on the right hand side of the forum? Most days I do that a couple of times a day so that is probably one reason." Ditto

15. arthur36

arthur36 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    More information in the history timelines please! In the forums I see references to companies like Firearms International, Garcia, Stoeger etc. but when did these companies enter -or exit- the picture? Another thing that would be immensely helpful is to include the model names with the model numbers in the model timeline. Example; if I'm looking for information about when the first Forester appeared, I will probably scroll right by L-579 all day long without a clue. maybe a chart that matches the names with the numbers (and production dates) is the answer.

16. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Arthur36- The first Foresters were L57s (Rotary Safety). Firearms Intl. about 1958 to 1960. Then came the L579 Foresters. Firearms Intl. till 1971 then Garcia to about 1978 and then Stoeger (AII Forester)till Beretta started the Hunter models. That should get you thru most conversations about the heritage of the Forester. Until you run into a "hairsplitter" so get into the vast amount of knowledge available in our forum pages so you can split hairs with the best of them.-Misako

17. L61R

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    It has been requested that members must put their country of residence in their profiles and as you can see I have posted a message about that. This message is only seen when not logged in by the way.

You can´t post in the For Sale section without having your country in your profile, and also the State you´re in, when applicable.

Please update this as soon as you can.

We´ve also updated the Recent Posts widget on the right hand side so it now only shows replies to posts, not the first post in the thread.
    To check for new threads, go to New Posts in the navigation bad above the advertising banners.

I have also set up a Chitchat forum and a forum for non-Sako rifles, hunting gear, knives etc. stuff so feel free to post there. They can be found in the General Discussions forum.

I´ll be back soon with more news!

Cheers!

Jim

18. L-46

L-46 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Jim,
    There are some great suggestions here!
    Thanks for spending the time and making the effort to improve the site!
    L-46

Todo10 likes this.
  19. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Whatever Jim/the moderators/we/us do.....PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THE SITE !!

I will be forever lost if it goes away. ANYTHING is fine with me.

DeerGoose

topgear likes this.
  20. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    I second that Deergoose!

Jim - I like the new sections, gives me a spot to talk about krico's and the knife and gear section will be useful too.