Need Info

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Thomas Davis, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Didn't win a M78 in 22 Hornet on an auction that ended last night.What are these rifles worth?Very clean stock and blue was very nice.Minimal wear.I've owned one in the past that was chambered in 22K Hornet and it was a good accurate little rifle even while fire forming the K brass.I messed up when I sold it and have been wanting another ever since.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Count the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin and you'll have your answer. That's about how accurate guesses on the value of a particular model usually are.

But for reference, I can't recall seeing any of these recently trade for less than around $750 or for over $1,000 -- but I certainly don't see every trade that takes place.

3. Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It went for $870 in the auction and the site has a buyers premium of 10% and they generally ship for around 50 bucks.So final price was a hair over a grand