Sako TRGs Need Help

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by ovis383, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ovis383

ovis383 Member

Hello new today to the forum. Need some info please. I have a Shilen take off barrell prevoisly off an l61R or AV action. Can I put this barrel on a TRG-S with little problem???? Thanks.

2. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Ovis- Welcome to the Sako Forum. I would have hoped someone that knew the thread measurements of the TRG-S would weigh in by now. If the threads are the same a good barrel man can make that work. The shank form can be entirely different and it can still be altered. As far as doing it with little problem, I guess that the barrel man will know. - Regards, Misako

3. wookie316

wookie316 Well-Known Member

TRG-S threads are metric & are bigger than a AV L61R 1"x16 TPI, so the threads on that barrel are already too small for a TRG-S action. Make sure if you have a barrel fitted to a TRG-S action you have a gunsmith who know his stuff, or this might happen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To make a long story short, this is what happens when you get a guy who does not know what he is doing in regards to metric threads. This is a standard thread undercut & friction fit with Teflon tape, YES I SAID TEFLON TAPE! to a TRG-S receiver.
    I found it when I had another gunsmith look at it when I thought something wasn't right.
    Bottom line BE CAREFUL who you choose to do your work.
    I got lucky, this could have been very bad.

4. ovis383

ovis383 Member

So what actions will this spin on with no problems????