• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Need help with L46 .222 bolt

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Nobiman2

I had a friend borrow my L46 .222 and he accidentally broke the round retaining clip that holds the bolt guard strip on. I think it is called a “bolt guide strip ring” but not sure about the name. I have called some places on the net and most told me good luck on finding one. Any help locating one would be a tremendous help, I would hate it if I couldn’t shoot it again. If I need to post a picture of the broken piece let me know.

Thanks

You are going to have to keep checking sites like Ebay, Gunparts and other sites in the hope of finding the part. Unfortunately they are few and far between. You might just luck out and find a bolt but it will cost around $500 if you are lucky.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but them is the facts.

rick

Not to be a critic here, but it doesn't do any good to ref sites where the parts are not available. Also, rebelgunworks is in the Land Down Under and will probably not be able to send the parts to the US. Although it might be worth a try if the parts will work. I would at least email them and ask the question.

rick

Sorry.:(
I just threw those links up as starters for additional research, on my way to bed.

I should have said:

rebelgunworks, This looks like the right part but I don't know if they can / will ship to the US.

The FAQ on their website says:

Unfortunately, at this stage our website is designed for domestic purchases only. This is because the majority of our stocked items cannot be re-exported to international markets.
We are able to export non-dangerous goods made in Australia.

However (IMHO) s5940220 does look like the right number for your bolt parts. I've emailed rebelgunworks and my gunsmith to try and get the answer.​

Nobiman2,

When those guys reply I'll keep you posted.
:)

Thanks
ChrisA

Thanks for the thought Rick and thanks for the heads up Chris, the information about Rebel gun works might just work out. I happen to be flying into Brisbane on April 1st and will be staying just a few blocks from Rebel Gun Works. I have already emailed them to ask if the parts would fit in L 46 .222 if they will I’m going to buy them now and just bring them home with me so this may be a huge blessing. I will let you guys know if it doesn’t work out. Thanks

Thanks Chris let me know if they answer you hopefully they’ll answer one of our emails.

Well they did answer (I think) but it's kind of vague.

Unfortunately, we are restricted from exporting firearms, firearm parts, unprimed brass cases & our products from our dealership.

However, you can purchase those firearms parts from us and we can send them to a dealer who can export/ship them to you.
You would have to enquire about prices to arrange paperwork and shipping to you with them directly then get back to us if you still want to go ahead with the purchase.

Their details are the following:

Western Action Firearms
0437 214 771
[email protected]

We've got those Sako L461 Vixen & L461 Target Bolt Guide Strip (S5940220) in stock.
You would have to purchase them from us and pay for shipping to have them sent to that dealer (details given above).

For International customers, our Terms & Conditions are as follow:

By purchasing firearms, firearm parts or any other products from us, you accept the following terms and conditions:
1. We will not exchange any of those firearms, firearm parts and/or products.
2. We will not accept any return of those firearms, firearm parts and/or products.
3. Those firearms, firearm parts and/or products are sold with NO warranty expressed or implied.
4. No cancellation accepted once the transaction has been finalised.
5. No refund given once the transaction has been processed.
6. We will endeavour to track your firearm/s, firearm part/s and/or product/s however we decline all responsibilities for loss and damage of them as soon as they have left our dealership.
If you still want to go ahead with the purchase, please write somewhere in your next email: "I accept the International Customer Terms & Conditions".

We apologise for the inconvenience, sending firearms, firearm parts, unprimed brass cases and some of our products overseas is a big process and there is a lot of work and paperwork involved.

If you decide to still go ahead with the purchase and if you have all the international shipping sorted with Western Action Firearms, the best way to pay is via credit card over the phone or via email, so we get the correct amount in Australian dollars. However, as email is not the safest way to give us your credit card details, please write them alternating numbers and letters for ex: 2 one 5 6 seven etc.. expiry 0 five / twentyone and the 3 digits at the back.

Thank you very much, kind regards,

Joanna
That Western Action Firearms company looks like their FFL equivalent. I googled the name and # and found a link on SCC:

https://sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/some-beauties-on-used-guns-australia.8609/

If you want the original email PM me and I'll forward.

Good Luck
ChrisA

Makes you wonder, are there more Sako rifles in the land down under than there are in the states? Is there no retailer in the states that would handle any parts like that? By the looks of the prices of items in that first link you posted I am surprised no one is parting out rifles and doubling or tripling their money. I wouldn't dare do that to one of mine but some people will do anything for a buck.

Edit:
I'd say it is the exchange rate: 1 Australian dollar = 72US cents

Last edited:
it sounds like rebel didn’t realise you were arriving in person. Just get a local to buy them and hand them to you to take home. I go into rebel all the time.

Easy, or I can just buy it beforehand and meet you anywhere and give it to you .or I could just post them to you.

Deanp100,
Here is a picture of what I need, I believe they have some for a L461 small bolt which will fit my L46 .222 F7EB7781-1314-4BB1-B9FC-6A18351512C9.jpeg If you happen to go in there in the next couple weeks you might ask them if they have any and the price. Thanks

Deanp100,

I have one coming from a member here on sako collectors but he only has one and it’s the only one that I have found in the states. I would hate to break it putting it in and not have a backup, especially if I’m going to be in Australia anyway. If I don’t break it then maybe I can have another one for somebody that is desperate to find one here like I have been.

I know nothing about international laws as far as shipping gun parts but I just can not see where a simple bolt guide retaining ring is going to cause a nuclear war. Especially when it is for a fifty year old firearm. Not wanting to get anyone on here in trouble either.

Back