• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako TRGs My 1,000 yard "F" class rifle built on a Sako TRG-S action. 6.5/284

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I am new at this, but I uploaded four photos of a rifle I built using a Sako TRG-S action. I bedded it on a laminated stock I purchased from Microfit gun stocks, which took me 6 months to get finished and added a broughton 5c- 32" 6.5/284 barrel and Vias muzzle break. Still workng on a load but it looks great.

Steve- Don't know how I missed this but I did. That is a real piece of art. I had a bit of trouble viewing until I clicked on the pictures. 6 months goes by pretty fast when you consider how much work went into it. Thanks for taking great pictures of your work.-Mike

Hi Steven -

Looks like you put together a nice looking and hopefully effective package. I'm curious if you found the TRG action to be square and true enough to be used as is , or did you have it squared up before starting? I suppose it's pillar and Devcon bedded, - is that the factory trigger?

What I'm truely humbled by is your reloading den/mancave. Wow! It's so light and sanitary. I've spent the best part of the last 3 days trying to bring some order to my squalor. 40 some years of accumulation, hoarding, upgrading, cobbleing, and mindless collection of gadgets and doo-dads is a lot to overcome. Just gave away about 90 lbs of brass and unwanted ammo to a friend who messes with that stuff. While it can't help but to improve things, I'll fall far short of your nice organized workspace. Also, gotta say I love the photo of the missus ripping off a string with the AR... Congrats!

Anyway, hope you'll keep us posted on your progress. Good luck with the 6.5. Kick some Remington butt!

Dick

Back