Sako TRGs My 1,000 yard "F" class rifle built on a Sako TRG-S action. 6.5/284

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by stevenshaw, Feb 21, 2009.

1. stevenshaw

stevenshaw Member

I am new at this, but I uploaded four photos of a rifle I built using a Sako TRG-S action. I bedded it on a laminated stock I purchased from Microfit gun stocks, which took me 6 months to get finished and added a broughton 5c- 32" 6.5/284 barrel and Vias muzzle break. Still workng on a load but it looks great.

2. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Steve- Don't know how I missed this but I did. That is a real piece of art. I had a bit of trouble viewing until I clicked on the pictures. 6 months goes by pretty fast when you consider how much work went into it. Thanks for taking great pictures of your work.-Mike

3. hayseed51

hayseed51 Well-Known Member

Hi Steven -

Looks like you put together a nice looking and hopefully effective package. I'm curious if you found the TRG action to be square and true enough to be used as is , or did you have it squared up before starting? I suppose it's pillar and Devcon bedded, - is that the factory trigger?

What I'm truely humbled by is your reloading den/mancave. Wow! It's so light and sanitary. I've spent the best part of the last 3 days trying to bring some order to my squalor. 40 some years of accumulation, hoarding, upgrading, cobbleing, and mindless collection of gadgets and doo-dads is a lot to overcome. Just gave away about 90 lbs of brass and unwanted ammo to a friend who messes with that stuff. While it can't help but to improve things, I'll fall far short of your nice organized workspace. Also, gotta say I love the photo of the missus ripping off a string with the AR... Congrats!

Anyway, hope you'll keep us posted on your progress. Good luck with the 6.5. Kick some Remington butt!

Dick