Mosin–Nagant

Discussion in 'Other firearms built on Sako actions' started by Webphut, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Are Mosin Nagant rifles old Sako's? I ask because when I search gun auction sites for Sako, they come up.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sako (or S.A.K.O., which stand for the Finnish Civil Guard Armory) was established to refurbish Mosins. They did all kinds of work on them including fitting them with new stocks and barrels (eventually made in the Sako factory). The Club has the records on all of the Model 28-30's and Model 39's which came through the Sako plant.

3. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Ahh! K

Reminds me of the 1903 & A3 Springfields kind of. Do they have the dovetails built into the tops of actions for rifle scope mounts?... just kidding! I owned couple A3's, I shot decent 50 yard line groups. I Never was confident enough to go to 100 yard line though. I hear they are 500 yard accurate, but that beyond my talent level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Much farther than 500 yards. To meet USMC qualifications a Marine had to meet minimum accuracy requirements at 200, 600 & 1200 yards with the Springfield. During WWI, German troops that lollygagged around at 800 yards in front of French & English trenches soon learned to take cover when the Corp introduced them to the "o3". I qualified at those same distances with the M14 in the 60's. With the issue of the 5.56mm "powerhouse" assault rifle they have reduced that maximum distance to 600 yards. Funny how sometimes better is not really better, but just a different answer to a different circumstance.

5. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Now isn't that interesting ???? "German troops that lallygagged around a 800 yards in front of French and English trenches soon learned to take cover when the ???? introduced them to the "03".

Urban myths like the above promote bigotry, hatred, and imperialism.

So. . . the Germans are so stupid that they walk around in the open at a half mile, in front of English and French troops. At that time French and British troops have weapons that shoot a projectile at over 2200 feet pre second at the muzzle.

So . . . the English and French troops can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Now anyone that has any shooting experience with a rifle that has a muzzle velocity of over 2000 feet per second. Will never lallygag in the open, when blind man is given a beat up Stevens 22 crack shot, and is told to shoot in a direction of a sound that is a half a mile way.

And any soldier in combat, that has had a bullet land anywhere near them will always take cover. They will not just stand there and think . . . I bet the shooter can get any closer to hitting me than before.

6. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Once you are finished putting words in my mouth & misrepresenting everything in my post, go ahead & release all that pent up hatred & vitriol, you not only have for me but for this forum as well, & tell us what you really think! I could give you a history lesson, but that would be a waste of knowledge.

7. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Gee, Paulson, little did I realize that you were only on this site to "promote bigotry, hatred, and imperialism"! All this time I thought you were just a courteous and helpful Sako enthusiast; but apparently you are really using this site to stir racial/cultural prejudice and spread disinformation about historic events.

Fortunately, our ever-vigilant Enotstehw has exposed you for what you are. Just as he has exposed the racketeering by and profiteering of the management of the Sako Collectors Club. And the worthlessness of Sako's factory records. As well as the total lack of value of opinions other than his own.

Not only does he do all of these good things for the Sako community, but in the meantime he finds time to sell his goods on Gunbroker under multiple aliases; which is understandable since he implies he is in Mexico, Hawaii, and sometimes even in his actual location of Pennsylvania. While many of us are hesitant to give our opinion of the value of a particular gun, Enotstehw never fails to tell someone what it is certain to be worth -- a valuation which is flexible depending on whether he is buying or attempting to sell one like it.

Thankfully, unsuspecting participants in this forum are protected from evil-doers like you, Paulson, because they have Enotstehw watching out for them and providing them his breath of fresh air, cheerfulness, and good will almost daily.

8. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Citizenship in two countries & residency in two states, using multiple aliases to sell things over the internet? Now there's a guy that we should all embrace & trust. I think most of us are tiring of his constant insults & negative rants, but I just let it roll off my thick skin. However, when he insulted the Corp, he stepped over a line. Evidently, he doesn't appreciate their sacrifice, either. Should we ever meet, I will have to attempt to change his attitude.