Mannlicher L579 .243 22" barrel

Discussion in 'Sako Mannlichers and Carbines' started by Todd Boisselier, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Todd Boisselier

Todd Boisselier Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    About 6 months ago and made a horrible mistake and accidentally damaged the beautiful stock on my .243. In order to use it I will need to get a new stock but want an original OEM and not have one made. Does anyone here know of anyone that may have one for sale? It just sickens me to see it this way.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The L579 Mannlincher has a two piece stock. The forearm forward of the barrel band is a separate piece of wood. Which piece did you damage? I believe the barrel is a tad over 20" on the Mannlincher, but Sako did make some fullstock rifles with a barrel a little over 23". I've never seen a 22" one. Barrels are measured bolt face to muzzle, so it could be the way you are measuring. Finding original stocks for any Sako from the era is not easy. About all you can do is keep checking all the on-line sites & hope you get extremely lucky. Are you saying a repair is impossible?

3. Todd Boisselier

Todd Boisselier Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I have no facebook account & can't use it.

5. Todd Boisselier

Todd Boisselier Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Neither do I. Had to use my wife's. It will do anything otherwise.