• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Mannlicher Calibers?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi Don, Sorry about that. And especially for the lousy weather. Been seeing it all on the news. I have a daughter living in Nashville and they have snow and ice, too. Luckily, that stuff is passing just North of us here on the SC coast. If you could use your judgment on the newsletter as a good read for us Sako nuts, then send whatever you like. Information on Sako in general would be great, not just for the Mannlicher stuff. Again, only if you can do this with no inconvenience. It's not like there's a time limit or anything. I know we would appreciate it, but don't feel obligated by any means. Take care and be safe out there. I assume your electricity is back up :smile1:
Thanks again, Don,
S-A

S-A,

The newsletters do have a lot of information about all Sakos from 1949 until Dec. 95 when the club folded. I haven't counted the pages, but I would say there are 500 pages printed on both sides. I could probably probably make a hard copy and send to one person that might know how to load it somewhere on this site, but that's way above my brain cell.

Don,
L61R & Co. is just starting to build the reference data for this forum and I am not aware of what has come over from the old SCC. I did not participate in that one. It's good to know you have this information and are willing to share. I'll defer to our founder and other admins to make the decision. They know what we have. I know I sure would like to see it, but don't want you to go to all the work copying it if it's already here. If you don't mind, someone can get back to you on this to maybe compare notes?
Thanks much for your response and participation.
S-A

I certainly don't mind sharing what I have with this forum. There is a ton of information in the newsletters. I just don't want to copy parts of this and send to 955 members. One thing we need to keep in mind, as good as this info is, the club was anxious to gather information in their early years and share it with the members. As a result, the early newsletters may contain some incorrect information such as the earliest known serial number for a 22-250 was in the 70000 range, a couple of years later they updated the info because of 22-250 they found in the 50000 range. All this really means is there may have been a 50000 # action laying in the bottom of the bin that got finished late in life. Let me know what you want me to do.

Don, Hang tight for now. Everything we are planning will be able to be accessed over the forum via a link for all members online.
Thanks,
S-A

Ole hyyvaa , herra sala-ampuja. Mina olen paljon 7x33 panot. That's about the extent of minun Suomeksi! Suffice to say, I bought a Riihimaki marked L46 with 2 piece mannlicher stock with band in excellent condition for which I also have 200 rounds of remington, .222 ammo for. I wish to use-it on Fox, Wolf and Coyote. What I really would like is an L42 in 7x33 SAKO. I have accumulated 350 Rounds of original SAKO 7x33 ammo, 200 Bertram brass in 7x33 and have 150 Kokkovaippa bullets and 168 fired SAKO brass in Berdan and Boxer, plus 300 small Berdan primers. I also have the SAKO hand reloading toolset and berdan de-capping tool . In addition to my reverse-engineered SAKO-ing I have made a tool that swages .32 cal. jacketed pistol bullets to the 7x33 diameter and have cut the grease-groove and gas-check geometry off of a 130-grain Lee bullet mold in my 4-jaw lathe chuck so it throws .287 diameter bullets with the lead-free Babbit I have. The 71 grain bullet for the .32 auto is inexpensive and swages beautifully. The 80 grain FP for the .32-20 looks good but may feed poorly and the 86 grain SP for the 7.63 Mauser and the 85 grain xtp don't look as nice, but will probably shoot.

I want the rifle for my son who is 8 now. If I can't find one here, I'll see about Finland, as I have relatives there, but in the worst-case scenario, I will either re-bore and re-rifle my sons 92 winchester or re-barrel my M1 carbine.Both should work as they too are 33mm case lengths. The 92 winchester may have pressure issues as well, but we'll see.

Terve Matti,
Minun Suomi ei iso toimi ja paljon paska!:bigsmile3: You have written a book to me! Certainly a lot more into things than I am. Have you looked in the Want To Trade thread under the forum/ I think there is someone there who is looking to trade some rifles for Finnish ammunition if you have some. I am sure you will find a good Sako for your son. That first shoooting experience is such a good thing. Good luck,
Terveseit,
S-A

Mannlicher,

Nothing like posting 2 months late. But if you're still interested, I know of the following Mannlicher carbines all with A actions: 280 Rem, 7x57, 6.5x55, 9.3x62, 7.62x39 and 220 Russian. The 220 was on an AI and the 7.62 was on AII, the others were all AV.

Back