• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

maintenance

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

HECTOR

Ciao amici, sono Hector dall'Italia e vi chiedo una cortesia: ho acquistato uno splendido Sako L691 cal. 30.06 e avrei bisogno di un manuale o di un video per smontare il fucile e procedere con la pulizia. Grazie Ettore.

Ciao amici, sono Hector dall'Italia e vi chiedo una cortesia: ho acquistato uno splendido Sako L691 cal. 30.06 e avrei bisogno di un manuale o di un video per smontare il fucile e procedere con la pulizia. Grazie Ettore.
Ciao Hector,
Io no parla la linguage Italiano bene! ecco in englese!
I think I understand you need reloading Info & manuals to reload your 30/06. But as I said in a message to Arian I don't know what reloading components you have access to? Can you respond in English? B/T

Edit 1. My mistake you need instructions for cleaning? (pulizia)

Last edited:
Ciao Hector,
Io no parla la linguage Italiano bene! ecco in englese!
I think I understand you need reloading Info & manuals to reload your 30/06. But as I said in a message to Arian I don't know what reloading components you have access to? Can you respond in English? B/T

Edit 1. My mistake you need instructions for cleaning? (pulizia)
Hi friends, I'm Hector from Italy and I ask you a courtesy: I purchased a splendid Sako L691 cal. 30.06 and I would need a manual or a video to disassemble the rifle and proceed with cleaning. Thanks Hector

Hi friends, I'm Hector from Italy and I ask you a courtesy: I purchased a splendid Sako L691 cal. 30.06 and I would need a manual or a video to disassemble the rifle and proceed with cleaning. Thanks Hector
Welcome Hector,
I don't know to what degree you are planning to disassemble the rifle. The bolt can be submerged in a solvent to loosen any junk that may have accumulated , only if you see that it is necessary. A mix of solvent & oil to re -lubricate the internals. There are posts on how to do this on the left side of the home page under tips & tricks. If the rifle bore shows that it needs copper removed a good copper removing
solvent should be used. I am assuming these products are available to you where you live. After you are satisfied with the cleaning, with the stock removed, reassemble the action barreled assembly, being careful to tighten the action screws with a properly fitting screw driver. The forward screw tight & the trigger guard screw slightly less. A photo of the rifle would be good & there are many others on this site that can help you with any thing about that rifle. These rifles are vary accurate & I hope you enjoy your rifle. Best wishes,. B/T

Dear Buck, I would simply like to remove the barrel from the stock. What I would like to know is whether, by removing the two screws as shown in the photo, I can remove the barrel with the trigger group without having particular problems. When I talk about "problems" I am referring to any parts of the action and trigger that could loosen and require the intervention of a gunsmith. What I intend to do is check and lubricate the barrel on the outside, nothing more. I like the rifle very much because, although it is my first rifled rifle, I can calibrate it easily and with various types of ammunition.
1709494360093.png

Dear Buck, I would simply like to remove the barrel from the stock. What I would like to know is whether, by removing the two screws as shown in the photo, I can remove the barrel with the trigger group without having particular problems. When I talk about "problems" I am referring to any parts of the action and trigger that could loosen and require the intervention of a gunsmith. What I intend to do is check and lubricate the barrel on the outside, nothing more. I like the rifle very much because, although it is my first rifled rifle, I can calibrate it easily and with various types of ammunition.
View attachment 33920
Yes Hector,
By removing both screws, the barreled action will come out of the stock. You can then see if there is any rust on the metal parts, elect to coat the internal wood with a sealing material & lube the trigger if needed. If the trigger suits you no adjustment is needed & if all seems well put the action back in the stock, being careful to center the barrel in the channel wood & tighten the screws as mentioned in the previous message. Please excuse my poor Italian spelling as it has been many years since i have heard the language.
There is trigger adjustment information under the main page left side under "tips & tricks" section. I hope I have helped you and there are many others on this site that have much more knowledge than I & are willing to help, Just ask. Sparare bene. B/T

Latest posts

Back