• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

magnaporting/value

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Was it the refried beans or the pickled eggs I ate??? No comments on this question after almost 3 weeks.

Yes it does, and not just a little. How much can only be determined after it is sold to a knowledgeable buyer.-Misako

bigbear,
Emmerth and misako may be being just a little rough on you here. I would say it depends on the buyers perception of caliber vs: recoil, as well as the intended use of the rifle being purchased. I would agree that a seller shouldn't think of getting any money back if they had it done to a rifle. I also would say that doing it to a mannlicher might be stretching it. I'd like to see a picture of that.
A rifle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Good Luck,
S-A

Rough on HIM. Hell, if he can eat refried beans and pickled eggs at the same sitting , he would have enough hot "AIR" to be a superstar on this site
magnaporting/value
-Misako

I like pickled eggs....and beer:evil2:
I feel that redirecting ones flatulence could be Very detrimental to ones own safety-Bloo

Bigbear, all banter aside, your gun would be looked at from different "angles", depending on if the person wanted to add to a collection, or someone starting out with a brand interest, or, a novice shooter that likes the look of that rifle or it could be a shooter or collector that knows what you have and needs it for just that reason. magna porting is praised in many shooting circles, but not by many collectors circles. It may be best to understand these "variables" and find a reasonable value within your self. It is a Sako, It is worth something, because its been ported doesn't mean its junked...Major truth in what Sala-Ampuja says " a gun is only worth what someone is willing to pay". Hope this helps you - Bloo

I hunted for many years in Alaska with a Sako .338 WM that was Magna-ported. For me as a big game hunter Magna-porting the .338 WM made the rifle more valuable. As a collector, especially in the lighter calibers I'm interested in today, I would not buy a Sako that was Magna-ported. The Magna-ported value of a rifle is in the eye of the beholder and the shoulder of the user.

I would prefer a removable brake wcap ( thread protector ) over magna porting only due to barrel consumption. Trying to find an factory Mannlincher barrel in a magnum might be impossible. My 2 cents worth.

emmerth said:
Bigbear,I would say at least 30% detract in value. Why the question?Emmerth
Found one for sale and was wondering whether to pursue it or not. I'm leaning more toward Not. Thanks.

Back