Sako Magazine will not release 85 Finnlight II

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by FrankG, Apr 3, 2021.

1. FrankG

FrankG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Just received my new Sako 85 Finnlight II and it has never been shot. The empty magazine dropped out just fine out of the box but after being reinstalled it will not release. The release button will not move and the magazine will not slightly push up as designed. It was not forced in al all. Has this been experienced by anyone?

2. Tomball

Tomball Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Push in on the magazine at the indention of the magazine at the mag release and at the same time push rearward on the mag release to eject the mag. The movement of the magazine required in hardly noticeable when pushing in on the magazine to get it to release. The movement of the release is also negligible to cause ejection.

bigcountry4me likes this.
  3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Do what Tomball said as that is how the magazine is designed to prevent it from accidentally coming out when hunting.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  4. FrankG

FrankG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I am fully aware of how the magazine is to be released. The condition I'm experiencing is the magazine will not push up and the release button will not move. Somehow it is jammed and was not inserted with any undue pressure.