Sako Lost ..& corn fused to dumb to know What Questions To ask ! I have this L61r stalk or is it stock

Discussion in 'Other firearms built on Sako actions' started by RULOJOE, Dec 22, 2019.

1. RULOJOE

RULOJOE Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    I want to put together a L61r sako in 300 weatherby, need braked , previously used or new sako Barrel , or sako barreled action.. like i have this Stock . Was it ever offered in 300 weatherby as its longer than 7mm mag etc . Or was a different action reserved for those ! And will a weatherby barrel work.... ?700 rem barrels look the same to me also ? ... but are they i hear they are Recoil lugged Differently ! I know they may all work with machine work ,Barrel facing and rechambering a few .000's to regain depth and restore headspacing .... But in actuality i want to find great parts make it my own Cheaper than the $1,500 usually wanted .. i'm not afraid to do the Stock work .. but Yikes am i patient enough to Get it done even at 96 % inlet ! Hope this makes sense I'm not good at proof reading !!!!

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    1. Yes, Sako offered the .300 WBY chambering, but in successor actions to the L61R, the A-V and L691. Also in the TRGs (Model 995).
    2. The magazine of the L61R or A-V will be 3.6" long -- adequate for a .300 WBY.
    3. Any barrel is going to need fitting. If you want a genuine Sako barrel it is probably easiest to find a .30-06 barrel and have it rechambered and fitted to the action.
    4. If your stock is specifically for an L61R it will fit an A-III action but will need very slight modification for an A-V action.

RULOJOE likes this.
  3. RULOJOE

RULOJOE Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas

4. RULOJOE

RULOJOE Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    Thank you stonecreek , you've answered my Questions and added a few more ! Now I'm off to see whats for sale here ! I have a .264 barrel but its a bit short to aid in velocity (22) ? Not sure What i'm going to do here . But found some Good Wood hate to waste it !

5. pow

pow Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    You might check gunbroker or guns international for your barrel or parts.

RULOJOE likes this.
  6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Plants have "stalks". Rifles have "stocks".

RULOJOE likes this.
  7. RULOJOE

RULOJOE Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Kansas
    I Know Lol , Got ya !