LOOKY at what i found :)

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by fl23in, Jul 18, 2011.

1. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

ok so i was at my dads house getting more guns from him and some more reloading stuff and goin thru stuff found this little gem. kinda wondering what it might be worth in OG box and never mounted on my l579

now i am not 100% sure in parts belong in this box or not but the top piece is a super small hole rear peep sight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Fl23in
    It looks like you have the standard peep sight with a set of swivels.

3. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

yea i did more research after post (sorry for crap thread) but can anyone cross reff part # on box to a part

4. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Are you wanting to sell them?-Misako-----By the way, I am not in need but the swivels are for a rifle I am not familiar with (possibly the Mannlichers). The box is from Sako scope rings and the peep looks like it could be the Garcia era style.

5. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

well no i am not trying to sell lol. and as far as my dad says (called today) he said they are OG he thought for the l579 we talked about in my thread awhile back. scope rings make sense since the L579 i own has OG sako rings on it. and peep from what i can tell is from AII era. I found a peep sight thread on here and looks like the far right one in his thread

Mannlicher is what series/action???? not familar with that sako rifle

6. bloorooster

bloorooster Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    The Mannlicher is more of a stock type, it can be found in all action types and sizes -Bloo

7. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

ok can u look back at my thread about my gun in the medium action section and tell me if that is the stock i have Page 2 IIRC
    i am still learing about my gun because it is a non importer and acording to the papers filed by my dad with ATF back in 80's to bring it back it is a L579 Forester Euro Deluxe. but if u look at my thread u will see there is no "forester" markings and no one can prove with 100% certainty it is a "euro deluxe"

8. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    The stock on that rifle is a deluxe sporter (Thred titled "new to sako......) Mannlicher stocks run the full length of the barrel- Bloo

PS....its kinda hard to prove anything with 100% surety if it is a Sako, but I commend your efforts:bigsmile3:

9. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

yea that one. ok i will look tmrw and see if these sling rings will attach to that rifle if not maybe up forsale lol

well i had to talk to dad about the "euro" part and that is when he told me that he had to file papers with ATF and they supposedly had to have the OG papers when he bought it and on there papers that are on file are it is a L579 Forester European deluxe so past tha tI have not a clue. all i know is that it is a HELLA accurate rifle, it is good conversation piece being a non importer having no importer or forester markings

10. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    I can tell you by the looks of them, they are not for your euro-deluxe, I am not sure that they are even Sako swivels......but I'm not the pro here, don't try this at home!:evil2:-Bloo

11. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

well i would have to say that they are sako for a few reasons

1. they were in the sako box and dad dont mix gun parts
    2. this was his only rifle till about 3 yrs ago
    3. he never owned any other rifle till ^

off topic a bit but does anyone know if there was a euro deluxe if so what is diff if any

12. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    No disrespect was intended Sako Brother, I wonder if there are any Sako or Finnish markings on the swivels?? I will say this ....yer dad has great taste in hunting rifles

13. fl23in

fl23in Well-Known Member

oh no no i did not take it as disrespect at all i am just wondering if it is a real thing or not i tend to beilve my dad and ATF papers till i hear from others that there is such a thing then i will belive more. i guess with guns i am a big sceptic. haha yea he has good taste in guns period. i have just picked up 12 more guns from him and still have prob about 7-8 more when he finally does pass(hopefully YEARS to come)

well just looked and Nope not a marking on them but hell my rear peep does not either other than rear of sight on checkered bit one side says 100 other 200 assuming for yardage. but will say for what it is worth the screws and the way the screws are set in look alot like sako style and finish quality

14. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Yes ...the Peep is the real deal. -Bloo

15. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Fl23in
    The number on the box could be the serial number of your gun. I looked at Sako parts numbers and they have six or seven numbers.

16. woodman

woodman Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    fl23in, that sling attaching hardware doesn't look like it came off any Sako that I've ever seen. The mannlichers use a solid ring that has to be slide over the wood and barrel. Maybe someone here can ID it.

17. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Hmmmm....is it possible that the ringmounts came in one box (the box labeled 'scope mounts'), and the peep sight came in the other? IMHO......... the Sako boxes them selves are likely to be worth more than the mystery swivels!! -Bloo

18. emmerth

emmerth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Swivels are not sako...looks more like something uncle mikes would produce.

19. terenceh

terenceh Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Yorkshire
    I agree with "emmerth"-those sling swivels are not Sako-and they do rather look like Uncle Mike's products.

Here in the UK I have a 1967 L579 Bofors Steel-marked Forester Standard Sporter in 0.243W (supplied new with peep and tangent sights) and a 1972 L461 Vixen Standard Sporter in 0.222 Rem.

The non-detachable sling swivels on both my rifles are not like those in "fl23in"s picture above.