• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Looking For Valuation Help

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Good Day All,

I have a Finnwolf .308 that was given to me by my dad. SN#4303 w/ a period correct Redfield 3x9 scope and an extra magazine. All are in very good to excellent condition. Stock and a couple of minor dents, bluing looks great. Trying to figure out a value, as I'm going to be selling this gun. Any info. would be helpful. Thanks.

Clean Finnwolfs have been going in the $1,500 range recently. A magazine by itself is worth somewhere north of $200. The old Redfields are good scopes but don't bring too much money. If the scope is mounted in original factory Sako rings that adds; if in Redfield rings that is neutral, and if in Weaver rings that deducts. Modifications such as added pad, removed sights, missing sight hood, vented barrel or muzzle brake, etc. will lower those values some. Finally, condition is always in the eye of the beholder and what one person calls "nice", or "clean", or "95%" may look worse to some other buyer.

Here's one on the open market which describes much like yours. Watch it sell in a couple of days and that will give you a sense of where the market is right now. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698757958

The best time to sell your gun is Feb. on gunbroker. Start the listing late Sunday night and run it for two weeks, starting at a penny. I'd hang on to the second clip and sell it separately.

WOW. That Wolf looks handsome in the darker wood. I might classify the stock as just barely north of light handling marks. Still a nice piece however.

Latest posts

Back