Sako L61R

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by Lonnie Brauner, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Lonnie Brauner

Lonnie Brauner Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Looking at a Sako L61R in 25-06 but have no idea what it’s worth. I want to offer a fair price for the gun. Serial # is 528699. Anyone have any idea what it’s worth?

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I have a Honda Civic. The VIN is 9264H01G2268. Any idea what it's worth? All kidding aside, how on earth can anyone place a value on something sight unseen? There are a host of factors that determine value. Look for sales of comparable rifles & make an effort to educate yourself about your rifle & the answer will reveal itself. Lots of threads here about the L61R in 25-06 you might want take the time to search for & read.

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    That serial number would put it in the erroneously-named "Garcia" period with a two-lug bolt and probably the bolt anti-rotation pin on the LH side of the bolt. All things being equal (which they never are), a .25-06 brings a bit of a premium compared to a .30-06 or .270; but it would lack some of the attractiveness (to some people) of the earlier L61R with the three lug bolt which might or might not impact its value. Far more important is its originality and condition, qualities which you provide no clue of. This means $500 for a beater with a cracked stock, missing bluing, and imperfect bore to $1500 or more for an "as new" example. That's only a 300% spread, so take your pick. Of course, this would be for a standard grade. If a Deluxe or Mannlicher, which you don't specify, then that's a whole other discussion as far as price.

By the way, I think Paulson's Honda does have leather seats and the optional larger engine, but the muffler is bad and there is a dent where he backed into an A-frame to unload a deer from the trunk.

4. Lonnie Brauner

Lonnie Brauner Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thanks Stonecreek. The gun is in good shape. No blueing issues, and just a blemish or two on the stock. No cracks Gun is original.

5. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    That’s good to know, but the reality is, no one here can - or will - speculate without more viable information, and at least several quality photos to at least provide a relatable benchmark. There’s several variables which all will factor into a potential range. Some of the variables include actual model, actual condition, originality, time of year, etc. and so on…. Perhaps take a few moments and post some pictures - and then, go to Gunbroker or guns International and look at a few examples to gauge your prospect vs. others available. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021