• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Carbine L61R Question

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Richardxx

Banned
Hey all,
Anyone have info as to how many L61R Finnbear Carbine's were made in 1971? A poster on this site had provided info that my 7mm mag. was one of 196. Curious as to the total production.

Regards

"Made" (inspected) in 1971 or shipped in 1971 -- there's a difference. It would be very impractical to find the number inspected in the year 1971 since the serial numbers are not tied in any consist way with the date of inspection and those marked "Mann" or "M" in the inspection records are scattered all over creation.

However, the shipping records are arranged by date and caliber, and by 1971 also by configuration (Deluxe, Mannlicher, HB, etc.). So it isn't too hard to find how many of a particular configuration and caliber were shipped in 1971. For instance, there were 42 caliber .222 Mannlichers with 24" barrels shipped in 1971 (but none of them to the U.S.) However, in that year there were also 51 caliber .222 Mannlichers with 20" barrels, all shipped to the U.S. -- 46 in January to FI and 5 more in June to Garcia.

Back