L61R iron sights

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Ross, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Ross

Ross Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    I'm trying to locate front and rear sights for my rifle. I found a set for a very high price...said to be from a l61r. The rear measurement matches but the front doesnt. My front holes ctw are abou .706 inch...the site is about 1.216 or 30 mm. I've seen elsewhere 30 mm to be a front measurement.

I have not purchased these because the price mostly, but also the front sight doesnt match, so it's not worth it...

Any input from others on measurements or leads to peices?

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sako used their own sights and also sights from the Williams Gunsight Company. Williams has no record of which sights they supplied to Sako, but if you will send them your barrel diameters measured between the sight holes as well as the sight hole spacings they can supply a set of correct sights.

Ross likes this.
  3. Ross

Ross Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Thanks!

4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    I have an L57 HB Varmint that has the front ramp but no blade. The PO removed the blade and hood for scope use. The dovetail is so narrow it is hard to get my caliper in there to measure it's size. As close as I can come up with is 4.51 mm or 177 thousands of an inch. It is not even close to the US standard .375 or even the Europe standard of .360. The Mauser front site ramps are on their own also as far a dovetail size goes. Just makes sense that Sako would have their own. Gave up looking for a replacement blade. Rifle just doesn't look right without it.
    If anyone has a lead on one let me know.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020